Author Topic: Pearl Harbor Day  (Read 70 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Pearl Harbor Day
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:50:55 AM »
A person can have many somber thoughts of that day while standing on the Memorial over the Arizona. I felt a sense of hatred , sadness, and disbelief. Jewel and I have been to Fredericksburg, Tx. several times and always visit the Admiral Nimitz Museum. Out side the main building is a beautiful place, a garden, a symbol of peace. The Japanese Garden Of Peace. As horrible as this day was Dec. 7 1941 along with my thoughts while standing on the memorial I can be thankful for the meaning of the garden of peace. I show a picture of Jewel sitting in the garden. This is a beautiful place to visit.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: Pearl Harbor Day
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:18:15 AM »
I hope we NEVER forget that awful day.
God bless all the people who served and are serving today.

May America  ALWAYS stay strong and ready.
We never know what the future holds.

God bless The United States of America.

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:14:12 AM »
AMEN!
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »
I'll tell ya'll a side story on the subject. The first week of April 1933 an18 year old young man, who would later become my Dad, and his best friend went to Dallas to join the Navy. The recruiting office was closed & they decided to come back home & go again later. When the day came to go back Future Dad had decided not to go. His friend went on & joined up. April 15, 1933 Dad and my Mother married. His best friend was killed at Pearl Harbor. I have shown pictures and talked about our friend Jerald, he was the nephew of Dad's friend. Jerald loved to hear Dad tell stories about his uncle.

Monroe 
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together