Author Topic: Thanks to Donald  (Read 106 times)

Offline mater

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Thanks to Donald
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:14:09 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks to Donald for helping me get back on here.  I got a new router installed and it kicked me out of all my favorite sites.  I'd been on the Bayou Gardener so long I'd forgotten my password.  The usual step for sending a link to my email wasn't working.  I emailed Donald and he hooked me right up.  Good man!

Thanks again, Donald

Mater

Offline bigboberta

• Grasshopper
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Donald
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
Passwords are killing me. sites like my bank and Medicare require that you change your password every 3 months. Some sites require that you use uppercase lowercase numbers and symbols in your password, While others won't let you use symbols. I have a couple of sites that make me put a password then they send me a code to my phone that I have to put in before I get in.

Thanks Donald from making it simple.

Bob
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:40:07 AM by bigboberta »
Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Offline mater

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
I'm getting worse by the day, bigboberta.  You know what it means doncha?  We gotta start writing all this stuff down somewhere.  It doesn't help when they make it difficult.

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:25 AM »
I am going through the same thing.  The last couple of days I have been changing from one cell phone company to another so I have to set up the new equipment which requires every site that I use to have the password put in.   I looked at a password program an I watched the video about how to use the program an it is complicated too.  It is probably the best way to handle all the passwords but so far I am not convinced.  Does anyone have a favorite?   
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline bigboberta

• Grasshopper
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
I'm getting worse by the day, bigboberta.  You know what it means doncha?  We gotta start writing all this stuff down somewhere.  It doesn't help when they make it difficult.

I know you are not supposed to, but I have a list hidden within reach of my computer.  My brain just can't keep up with all the changes.

Bob
Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:58:38 AM »
I have a list,too. It is not next to my computer though not too far away. We keep life very simple----even our list of passwords is not all that long.