Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Beans looking bad
« Last post by Georgia Clay on Today at 09:22:09 PM »
Thank you for all the nice words.  I am very proud of my garden this year.  Last year was my first time and I had a very rough year, wasted a lot of money and time.  During the off season last year I did my homework and I'm glad to say that so far it's been paying off.  Let's pray the rain slows down a little or else we are going to float away.
General Discussion / Re: Green Bean Report
« Last post by Georgia Clay on Today at 09:08:03 PM »
Very nice farmboy, it looks so nice and organized
General Discussion / Re: Dug my Potatoes Report
« Last post by LakeRat1 on Today at 07:52:42 PM »
Not quite right, 6 # of Red La-Soda seed gave me 114# of red potatoes, in the 4 x 16 ft bed, 5 # of Kennebec seed gave me 89 # of potatoes they were grown in two 4 x 8 ft. beds for a total of 203 # of Potatoes total

I have noticed in the pass that the Red La-Soda will out Yield the Kennebec potatoes, I would like to try a be of Yukon Gold, they don't have them at the Coop where i buy my seed, I need to try and remember to order some before it time to plant

Gyngirl, I think U are asking how i get the fertilizer under the potato seed, I take a hoe and use the corner to dig a trench as deep as i can from one end to the other end of the bed, I do one of these on each side of the bed, about 10 to 12 in. from the out side of the bed, put in LOTS of Triple 13, then cover it with 2 or 3 in, of soil, the place my seed on top of that, then cover the seed, at that point my Bed is back just about level, as soon a I see the Plants peeking Out, i cover?Heal them, with as much dirt that I Can, that leaves a trench the the middle of the bed, I place 3 drip tapes at the time, one on the out side of each row, and 1 in the middle/Center of the Bed, which is now a trench, them when the Plants come through that, and are about 8 or so in, tall, I add the last cover, I use composted pecans leaves, I just about hide the plants at this time, The vines will grow on out and cover the Mulch, i don't do anything else other than keep watch for bugs, Never had any Bugs this Year, U don't want to over water in the late part of the season, I can cause little white spots on the potatoes,

Rat
The Greenhouse / Re: 2018 High Tunnel
« Last post by Maggie13 on Today at 07:00:50 PM »
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by tangentalstorm on Today at 06:08:58 PM »
GG... I am already paying for it at work now...if it weren't for the rocket fuel coffee here I would be face down at my desk...LOL

Oh and I get to repeat it tomorrow...the loading and unloading and all....the fun never ends.
General Discussion / Re: Dug my Potatoes Report
« Last post by tangentalstorm on Today at 06:07:20 PM »
11lbs of seed potatoes with a return of 114lbs... not bad at all. Good job!
Thanks DB. I try to clean up well for a Hillbilly.

Here's a video of the big guns in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gFisdtaAM
Tools and Equipment / Re: Old seed planter
« Last post by Rcs1 on Today at 05:32:38 PM »
It donít go lower then 309 kb
« Last post by whitestrout on Today at 04:43:10 PM »
picked black berries and tomatoes. then sprayed BT.
« Last post by Gymgirl on Today at 04:25:54 PM »
NavyBob,
I didn't taste the tea at all.  I substituted two cups of tea for two cups of water in the recipe I used. 

No one knows there's tea in the pickles, except me.  A minute ago, I went back into the sampler jar, and grabbed a few more dill seed pickles.  Had a chance to sit and savor.  And, wouldn't you know, I detected traces of my favorite Earl Grey BERGAMOT in the pickles, LOLOL!  I had to chuckle, mostly because I recognized the overtones in the pickle.

Everyone else thinks it's just great flavor, LOL!!!

I love you guys!!!!!

Storm:
I'm tired for you, honey!!!  WHEW!!!  You work like I work, LOL!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10