Author Topic: Vegetable seed germination table and tempeture range  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Vegetable seed germination table and tempeture range
« on: July 08, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »

Vegetable germination table with temperature minimum, ideal, and maximum

https://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/vegetable/temperature.html
Northwest La. zone 8b

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetable seed germination table and tempeture range
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
That's handy to have.

Who puts links on this thread? There's a few other post that members have asked to be added.

Offline Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »
Rajun  hi.

Anyone can post a new topic then the moderator examines the post and approves it or deletes it.

If approved the moderator then locks the topic to prevent further posting to the topic.

Rajun, you posted some good information about a month ago that I commented it needed to be added to this section but I forgot what it was tomato diseases I think.  Good link with pictures.

TBIRD, Donald I personally would like to see the topics not be locked.  I feel that some valuable post and experiences by members are being missed.  Just my .01 cents worth.
If a topic is being abused or misused it can be locked at a later date.

Thanks,

Ben
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:16:42 AM by Ben »
Northwest La. zone 8b

Offline tbird

• Global Moderator
  • Sprout
  • One Nation Under God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »
  The Good Stuff to Know topic area is not and never was a discussion area.  The reason being that often times discussion takes over the point of the original post.  The topics in the GSTK area are only allowed if verified by University, Government or Ag research organizations.  Personal experience is subjective and although may be correct, not verified.  Originally ONLY Moderators were allowed to post there to keep opinions out. 

Donald set it up this way and he is the sole decision maker on this. 

Anyone wanting a change should discuss it with him.

Barking Dog Farm
18.25 Acres in Central West Louisiana
Zone 8B

WJ5Y    Amateur Extra

Click for weather forecast

Offline Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 10:50:50 PM »
TBIRD thanks very much for explaining the reason to lock a GTTK topic.  It is certainly understandable. I can easily see where one member's experience might be different from the main topic and that member did not have a controlled environment to his opinion whereas the original post topic could have had controlled values and spent millions of dollars in coming to their conclusion.

I can also remember when only moderators were allowed to post, as I had a topic one time that the late beloved Dragonfly suggested I post in the GTTK section and I had to PM you and you had to post it for me.

Thanks for your explanation on why.  I can see why now.

Ben
Northwest La. zone 8b