Author Topic: missing forum member  (Read 7959 times)

Offline setx_gardener

• Grasshopper
  • The true test of character is what one does when n
    • View Profile
Re: missing forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »
Anything? Anybody? I'm getting worried....
35 x 45 Raised bed garden
Lumberton, TX
Zone 9

Offline bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 06:17:13 PM »
 I am worried too. It is not like our buddy ..........

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 01:46:14 AM »
Lord I pray all is well.

Offline tbird

• Global Moderator
  • Sprout
  • One Nation Under God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 11:56:19 PM »
I searched 7 old hard drives today for Tutti's address or phone number.  I must not have it.  Someone here has to know how to get in touch with Tut.  We have to ask the general membership if they know.

Barking Dog Farm
18.25 Acres in Central West Louisiana
Zone 8B

WJ5Y    Amateur Extra

Click for weather forecast

Offline nuggethound

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
I've had no reply yet.  tried a phone number I found and the voice mail was full.. not sure if it was her number.. sent a letter last Monday, nothing back..

If you have her address could you contact the local sheriff's office near her and have them go by for a welfare check?
Retired in South Carolina.
Zone 8a

"Wasn't born here but got here as fast as I could".

Online DB

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »
I found, and visited with Dorothy (Tuttimato) this afternoon, with the help of her nearby neighbors, and learned that she has had internet connection and computer problems. Hopefully ATT gets her problem straightened out.
Latimer, Mississippi
Zone 8b

Online whiskydog

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Dallas Ga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
Many Thanks DB

Glad to hear its just ATT problems/
If I'm not having problems,, I'm not doing it right..

Zone 7 Northwest Ga.

Offline bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) . I imagine she is fit to be tied since she does so much research on line.  That is good news to my ears. judy

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 09:34:14 PM »
she is special to us all, knowing she is OK is mighty good news . Two years ago when I posted a picture of Jewel & me the night we married tutti's reply was that she saw confidence in the two of us. I remember just about every reply she has made to me especially about business. Thank you DB for letting us know that you have seen & talked to our friend Dorothy.

Monroe

Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline tuttimato

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »
Hello all of you, the great family fine people I'm privileged to belong to.  I had to take time out to have a little cry.  I never imagined I rated one thread, let alone two.

I had a long post on the other thread that went pouff.   It logged me out after a hour but it shouldn't happen again.  I'll try again tomorrow.  It's late, I'm tired and I wanted to read a few threads before bed.
Try and you might, don't and you won't.

MS Gulf Coast, Zone 8b

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 12:52:53 AM »
Ms Mato , it sure is good to hear from you.
I have missed you and your good advice/ posts.
God bless you.

Online Maggie13

• Sprout
  • built-incabinets
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 05:31:36 AM »
Tutti  I am sooooooooooooooo glad to know you are ok.   

I missed you!

Heck we ALL missed you.

Welcome back!
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 07:04:28 AM »
tutti, so glad to see you, worry really set in when there was no ransom note

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
It's so wonderful to "hear" you  and have you back because we were all sure worried.   :) :) :) :)         judy

Offline tuttimato

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »
I think my troubles started around the first week of July.  My modem started intermittently going out.  Then my computer died after dumping everything.  Next there was a lightening strike that killed the modem and my landline phone.  I got another phone just like it off ebay but it appeared to need a new battery.  Nope, that didn't help.  So now I'm waiting on another Ebay phone that should come any day now.

Through all this round about, it's taken countless calls, 2 tech visits, 3 modems and endless aggravation.   The last tech took a phillips screwdriver and stabbed my modem to death.  He got another one from his truck, hooked it up and told me it would be right in about 30 minutes.  The lights all straightened out and it seemed to work fine.  I went outside for an hour or so for chores before dark, came in to find all the modem lights going crazy.  I made a pot of coffee and tried to calm myself for another round with att.  He scheduled another tech visit.  He also said for me to take the 2nd modem to a UPS store or they'd want $150 for not returning it.  I had already had my neighbor return the first one and he lost the receipt.  I have not left this  house since February of 2015 and it was all I could do not to show him some of the rage I have for his company.  I told him his tech destroyed it and took it with him.  Then he said that was bad because sometimes they don't do their accounting properly.  As of last Friday they still hadn't credited my bill with the first one and they sent me an email with return instructions for the one I don't have.   I can see more trouble coming down.

I have one of those indestructible Duramax cell phones that's been recycled from Iraq or Afghanistan.  My tenant next door has me on his plan.   I carry it only for emergency and only my kids have the number.  I almost never call anybody but I've  used it more with this ordeal with att than I've used phones all added together for years.

After I got off the phone that night I sat here staring at that hateful box.  It occurred to me that I never received a new green data cable with these last 2 modems like I have with all the others over the years.  It was the only thing this side of the wall jack that hadn't been replaced.   So I found one in my junk box, swapped it out and it's worked perfectly ever since.  I'm a genius!  Undoubtedly that couldn't have been the whole problem the whole time but I enjoyed calling to cancel yet another tech visit and to say how I fixed it.

MS Gulf Coast, Zone 8b

Offline agragarden

• Grasshopper
  • Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 01:33:10 PM »
Tuttimato........   So good to see you are OK , there were several people worried that that wasn't the case. Now after all the hussel and bussel is hopely over , please pass on some much needed knowledge about gardening. Also how did yours do this year ?

Rick........... P S You may have to start passing down some computer knowledge also .

Offline tuttimato

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 07:03:59 PM »
I think I'm liking all this attention.  DB's visit was a major big treat so maybe I should plan to go missing again.  I love to talk gardening as y'all well know and he was kind enough not to remark on my magnificent weed collection.

Gardening has been slow.  It's been unmercifully hot or raining and every insect in these parts has been plentiful this year.  I've sprayed til I'm sick of it and can't tell that it's done much good.  Disease was much lighter this year which is a puzzle with all the rain that usually makes it worse.  I got plenty of tomatoes but peppers have under performed.  I planted corn 4 times with the earliest doing best.  The later ones all seemed to poorly pollinate.  Potatoes did my best ever.  Beans were a bust.  I dug my Vardaman sweets about ten days ago.  They look great but I haven't tried them yet.

I have a good stand of snap beans planted last week.  I've got 6 Brussel sprouts, 14 tomato plants ready to set out.  I've got 5 new cuke vines starting to bear.  Out of about 40 seeds, I only got 2 cabbage plants.  I should have fresh seeds coming any day.  I've got 2 cantaloupe and 5 ice box melon plants and high hopes.  It's a start.

I've canned several batches of beef and a big ham.  I hope to can a turkey this week.  All this rain lit my fire as a reminder that it's prime hurricane season and time to get the big ticket items safely into jars.

So that's the highlights of whats been happening here, about as exciting as watching paint dry.  This is the only place I ever post and I've missed you too.  It's good to be back among friends and great to be made to feel so welcome.  I often think I should shut up and just read because, truth be told, I'm out classed as a gardener hanging out with you guys.

MS Gulf Coast, Zone 8b

Online Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
I doubt that you are ever outclassed here. We enjoy your post and the sharing of your knowledge. Any of us with no grass or weeds fall into one of two categories: liars or people that just tilled today ;D

Like you, this is the only forum I have ever posted on and enjoy the family of gardeners here. We missed you while you were gone and were deeply concerned about your well being. So happy you are back!!
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 01:52:47 AM »
Ms Mato  , I am sorry you have had so many problems.

I hope all the bad  is in the past and nothing but good , smooth sailing  ahead.

God bless you .

Offline tbird

• Global Moderator
  • Sprout
  • One Nation Under God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 08:54:32 AM »
  We missed you Tut.  We were worried and just had to get hold of you.  We thank God you are well and hope the puter problems get solved. 

God bless and keep you.

Da Bird

Barking Dog Farm
18.25 Acres in Central West Louisiana
Zone 8B

WJ5Y    Amateur Extra

Click for weather forecast