Author Topic: Gun's, Gun's and More Gun's  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Gun's, Gun's and More Gun's
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »
Bill,

I have never met your wife and even though we live a thousand miles apart I am going to step out on a limb and say that probably isn't going to fly. Good luck on that though. It never hurts to try or at least it won't hurt for long :o :o :o
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline tangentalstorm

• Grasshopper
  • Hillbilly Gardener, amongst many other things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »
I have a confession to make about the subject of "caliber collecting". I once ran across a bunch of 7.62X54R, like on the order of 5000 rounds, and I got it for what worked out to be .03 a round....I was thinking at the time that I would sell it off in lots of 500 to guys who I knew used that particular round....

Wellllllllll you know what they say about plans surviving first contact right?.... So...

I ended up buying 4 rifles to match the ammo instead....*shaking head ruefully*
Crack O' Noon Farms.
In the Mountains of Old Virginia.
Proud Appalachian-American.

Offline PD-Riverman

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
I have a confession to make about the subject of "caliber collecting". I once ran across a bunch of 7.62X54R, like on the order of 5000 rounds, and I got it for what worked out to be .03 a round....I was thinking at the time that I would sell it off in lots of 500 to guys who I knew used that particular round....

Wellllllllll you know what they say about plans surviving first contact right?.... So...
I ended up buying 4 rifles to match the ammo instead....*shaking head ruefully*

LOL I bought 1000's of rounds of 9mm. there was 1000 rounds per metal ammunition boxes. I had a few 9mm pistols, but just had to have a 9mm rifle. I found a good used one, fired it once to make sure it fired----put it in the safe and have never fired it again. That was at least 8 years ago.

Offline tbird

• Global Moderator
  • Sprout
  • One Nation Under God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 10:33:36 PM »
  When I was an FFL dealer I would buy ammunition for the 500 member shooting club I was in.  I alone used to shoot an average of 300 7.62X39 rounds a week.  I also used to cap off about 100 7.62X54R a month in a Sako Msin-Nagant (Finnish Re-Work after 1909 capture).  It was a Model 28 Civilian Guard Crest rifle.  I still have it but I hardly shoot it any more.  Unusually powerful and accurate weapon.  I had a few ARS but I did not shoot them much.  Once I built them and worked out the kinks I shelved them except for a rare couple 20rd. mags every few months.
Barking Dog Farm
18.25 Acres in Central West Louisiana
Zone 8B

WJ5Y    Amateur Extra

Click for weather forecast

Offline reartinetiller

• Grasshopper
  • May God Bless Your Garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »
Buy don't sell.  Roy
Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Central Illinois Zone 5b