Author Topic: Any suggestions for a quiet air rifle?  (Read 2420 times)

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
  • The hoosier hills of southeast Indiana
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions for a quiet air rifle?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »
Bob I wish I could take credit for that but it comes straight from Howard Hill! Since you are just starting traditional archery again,it would be the perfect time to find and read everything you can by or about Howard Hill.You will be amazed at the thing you will learn.Of particular interest to you would be him explaining a method of stalking game taught to him by an elderly Native American friend.It's almost guaranteed you will learn much and be very entertained as well!It is said for practice he would shoot 800 arrows a day.I don't much care who you are or what you do, if you do it 800 times a day you're going to be good at it and now much more about it than the person that limits their exposure!
Wade
Looks like I'm going to need more ammo!

Offline Okie Bob

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »
Thanks Wade, I'll check out Howard Hill.
I'm Sooner born and Sooner Bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead!
PROUD CHICKASAW, NATIVE AMERICAN
25 acres of Oklahoma dirt JD 4420 with a bunch of attachments.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 07:22:18 AM »
g'day all,
just a quiccky to let you know the police firearms division  have acknowledged the application to purchase a .22 cal air rifle and state the inspection will be completed within 2 weeks  when they get time & I will be processed in good time & sent the permission note if found to be compliante. I guess all the over 60 s  they ignore you untill you die & turn to dust & become a problem for the cleaners Wade, the answer to your question is, we used to have reasonable gun laws in ,till the nineties before the Port arthur massicre . As all can see it has been going on since the middle of the month of November last & maybe in anothre 2 weeks. Ho Hum we can't rush these things , now can we  (Remember its a single shot undeleaver pellet gun     
                                                                                                                                         Regards Pete                                                                                                                                                                           0
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:12 AM »
Keep us updated Pete! It's a pretty good read and gives me a lot more insight into what people from other places have to go through and how we take our freedom for granted many times.Hope all goes well and anxious to see you posting a target with a 5 shot "cloverleaf" from 20 yards or so!
Wade

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »
Well Tazzy, It's been a couple weeks plus! Any progress on the air rifle?Just wondering if you were having so much fun with the law you didn't want to share!LOL!
Wade

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
G'day Wade & All ,
The good news is I am the proud owner of a new Hw 77 & I am impressed at the accuracy. The bad news is the Tasmanian Government is about to get hit with another application so I can get a 12 gauge shotgun that I played with whilst waiting at the gunsmiths for my Weihrauch paperwork to be processed, I believe in my life  it is easier to get forgiveness than permission so I will let my wife know when the approval comes through in another month or so. My Daughter just got married so I have been interstate for the last three weeks so sorry for the delay,(no internet for me )
                                 Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 05:17:31 PM »
Glad to see you finally got that bad boy Pete! It has to feel pretty good to actually have it in your hands after all you had to go through.

Since they already have so much info on you, will getting the shotgun be any easier? I hope so.Hope you also do your own studying up on just what you want in one. For reliability and the fit of the gun, for me, it's the 870 Remington.If you happen to be left handed as I am you might give the Mossberg's a look as their safety is ambidextrous.

As it goes in waterfowling"Who cares if there's mud in the barrel, it's a Mossberg!"
Wade

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2017, 03:40:00 AM »
G'day Wade & All,
Thanks for your kind wishes & advice . Like your other posts & advice I will investigate it further. The second Permission is going to take at least 1 Month & on the application form I had to give good reason as to why I needed another gun as I already have one, they also collect 20 bucks for each application & this is non refundable if you get knocked back . At least the gunsmith is on the Firearms committee as a representative for shooters in Tasmania & Ron is a bit  like John Wayne, Rough , Tough & won't take crap from anyone.
                                                                                              Regards Pete

Offline Vince6424

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »
This kind of red tape in unbelievable Pete, especially for an air rifle! Good luck with your application.
1/2 acre bush block in the Perth Hills, Australia

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 02:37:50 AM »
G'day Vince,
 I have procured the Weihrauch  air rifle , did the applications,  exams ,courses  & proficiencies all done through the appropriate channels. The state governments are now starting to get their acts together with a view to Australian uniformity with gun ownership & this kind of senseless garbage could be heading to Perth. I personally believe that it is only law abiding people that are affected by the actions of a ratbag murderer at Port Arthur & it won't stop anyone who really wants to break the law, maybe the pollies figure if they remove all firearms from the community they are safer, but they don't do anything about drunks, druggies, or road rage car owners who kill thousands more per annum.
                                                         regards Pete