Author Topic: Fig cuttings  (Read 516 times)

Offline Texan

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Fig cuttings
« on: January 02, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »
Dear members,

I know that I am new. I would like to ask if anyone could share a few fig cuttings? I live in zone 8a. I understand that Celeste and Brown Turkey can produce here. If you can help, my family and I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
Re: Fig cuttings
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:25:56 PM »
I have a celeste tree that you can have cuttings from. You should ride around your area and ask people with trees for a few cuttings, I'm sure they would give you a few. If you can't find some local I'll send you some. Let me know the route you want to go.

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:16:25 PM »
Hi Texan
I have a few rooted fig tree cuttings from my grandmother's old fig tree in Avoyelles Parish Louisiana. I know that the tree is over 100 years old and I take cuttings from it every once in a while to root. Not sure of the variety but the figs are medium to large, purple/brown and ripen around July 4th each year. Let me know if you are interested in a couple of these rooted cuttings. I could send you some.
Help save the bees. They help feed us. Call a beekeeper.

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
Texan
I see you are not on the website as of yet today. Just wondering if you received your package of fig cuttings today. The tracking number says that it should have been delivered to you today about 1:45 pm. Hope they arrived safely. Let me know when you get the package opened and the plants arrived safely.

BEEMAN
Help save the bees. They help feed us. Call a beekeeper.