Author Topic: Got any good deals you would share with us? Tell up about them.  (Read 4327 times)

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: Got any good deals you would share with us? Tell up about them.
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2017, 01:19:10 AM »
Congratulations to everyone on the good deals and that is some really  good deals.

Here is my good deals in the last week or so.

I bought a new Husky 8 pound sledge hammer with a fiberglass handle for $10.

Two pair of new men's Docker pants for $4 per pair.

8 fidgets that light up for $1.50 each.

I bought 4 fresh cut canes for $1.25 each, they are 5" in diameter at the bottom and 22' to 25' long.

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »
good job crazyhorse!  those are great deals...especially on the sledge and the pants!

post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2017, 05:44:02 PM »
There are at least 2 certified nuts on the forum.  Crazy horse, a Chip.  A free 8 lb sledge is nuts let alone paying for one unless you intend to give it away or watch someone else use it.   But $8 is a good price.  I used to spend lots of time on the handle of a sledge hammer or wood maul, but that is for young men.   I would probably be in a lot better shape if I had to use one often but I think at this point in my life I will stay flabby.   :D
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 06:42:13 AM »
lol gopher.   they are not as bad as they seem.  the last time i used ours was a couple of years ago to break up some old bricks and cinder blocks that i wanted to use as fill for under the edges of the shed to deter the cats from hanging out under there.  they don't like the sharp edges and so far so good.   i am not much on accuracy for it, so driving spikes or such is a no, but it did make short work of the block. 

and yeah...i felt that the next day...lol. 

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »
Went to Walmart to get a bag of fertilizer for da sallet patch.
They were putting  their fertilizer on clearance for $2.50 a bag.
I got  11 bags (all they had).
Ready for spring to come already. ;D

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »
i was at the dollar tree this week and found Sunbeam LED bendable neck desk lamps new in the box for 1.00!  I asked the lady at the register if they work and she said hers did.  I picked up 2.  one i put on the end table in our living room and the other one i put in next to the little one's bed as a reading lamp/nightlight.  so far, so good.  they do plug in, they have a touch sensor for on/off/2 settings of dim.  i could not believe they were only a buck!

i found a pic of one online since hub is not home yet to take one for me.

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Wow, Woodchip----now that's a deal!!

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
rabbit..they must have done a special buy with sunbeam or something.  i went on the dollar tree website and see they have the sunbeam 60w equiv  LED bulbs for a dollar also!  i might just order the case of 12.  i just paid like 4 bucks on sale at wal mart for 1 bulb recently.  that is too good a deal to pass up!

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2017, 01:23:19 AM »
Mrs Chip, congratulations.

Deals like that don't come along very often.

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2017, 08:22:49 AM »
Woodchip----LED bulbs make my eyes feel tired/ strained. I bought a ton of incandescent light bulbs back when I heard they were not going to be made anymore, so we will be using those for yrs. But the price on the bulbs you quoted is truly amazing.  Always so gratifying to get good deals.

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »
Has anyone noticed the price of vanilla extract lately? It's going up to crazy prices. McCormick 4oz for $13.00 at Walmart.

I saw a 32oz bottle of Danncy Mexican Pure Vanilla extract for $9.99 while at the vegetable market. I came home to goggle it and even Wally World sells it. The reviews on Amazon are good too.

https://www.amazon.com/Danncy-Vanilla-Extract-Mexico-Plastic/dp/B00CQ56HEU/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1507837016&sr=1-3&keywords=Danncy+Pure+Vanilla+Extract

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
Mr Ragun,  Mrs Crazyhorse just paid $10.00 for 2 oz. @Walmart.
It sure is higher than normal.

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
hi all.  i usually buy pure vanilla extract at aldi. 

i did some reading on this.  it says madagascar grows the bulk of the world's vanilla.  last year the prices were high due to high demand by the big food companies who are using more real vanilla to meet the 'all natural flavoring' promises.  the web says this caused a shortage last year which started the price climb.  madagascar also had a cyclone earlier this year that wiped out some of the crops.  the web said it takes vanilla bean plants 3 years before they produce pods to be picked...so the prices will probably stay high through next year.

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »
Mrs Chip, thank you for the good information.
We gonna  start looking for a good deal for vanilla extract.
Might be too late , but it never hurts to look.

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
crazy, i just looked at the aldi ad for this week.  they have their holiday baking stuff on sale right now.  you might want to pop in.

i did some quick reading on how to grow them.  they are super fussy and like it tropical all year.  so much for that idea.

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2017, 03:53:30 AM »
Mrs Chip, thank you for the tip.

We live a good way from Aldi, but if we get by there we will certainly  pick some up.
Thanks again.

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
hi crazyhorse

i was at aldi this morning.  they closed the one closest to us for remodeling.  we went to one about half an hour away.  it was one that had already been remodeled.  it was nice!  i am excited to have out local one re-open.

before i forget, i did get some vanilla while i was there.  it is real vanilla extract.  2oz was 3.49 usd.  so yes, it is even getting expensive at aldi.  :(

i did get a few good markdowns there though.   i got some cute wire form halloween decorations for a dollar each.  i got 3 big hard plastic bowls with cute decorations on them (like big enough to make hot air popcorn into) for a buck each.  i got a 2 pack of the spider web stuff that you stretch over the corners of your porch or bushes for 40 cents!  my last bargain was one of those adjustable step decks (like you use for yoga or working out) for 5 bucks!  they also had some nice looking steel lompers on markdown for 2.99 but hub told me there was nothing wrong with the ones i have   :P

the freezer i got free off craigslist is really working out.  i bought a ton of freezer stuff at aldi now that i have the room for it.  that way i won't have to go back until next month after our local one re-opens.  if you do get a chance to go to aldi, i highly recommend the garbage bags.  the dark green ones.  we use an old tall plastic laundry hamper (the squarish one with the grid of air holes in the side) as our kitchen garbage can.  they fit perfect in it and they are super strong!  even when hub feels the need to smush the garbage down into the can so he does not have to take it out (lol) when we go to take out the bag it does not rip!  they are like 4 bucks and change for the box of 28. 

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »
Mrs Chip, I am glad you went by there and picked up those good deals.

We MIGHT get to go to Aldi some time before Christmas Holidays ( I hope).

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
my mother in law will be having her knee operated on and asked if i could find a walker and a footed cane so she did not have to rent them from the hospital or have to pay a co-pay on them through her insurance.  i found a place on craigslist that is a hospice and care facility.  the families donate the durable medical goods after their loved ones pass and they clean and re-sell them to support some of the programs their facility provides to the people.   their prices were really reasonable.  hub was off today so we took a ride over to check it out.  the lady was very nice.  we found a 4 footed cane, a standard walker and a rollator for 50 bucks.   we will take them up to her at thanksgiving.

we stopped at hobby lobby after.  they are having 80 percent off their fall decor, 90 percent off their halloween decor and 50 percent off of their christmas decor.   i got a really cute fall scarecrow head sort of decoration (pic) made of wood for 4 bucks.  it is pretty big, so it was a good deal.  i got some halloween plastic plates for 20 cents each!  i got a fancy high heel ornament and a doctor who tardis ornament for half off! 

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
Mrs Chip, congratulations on those good deals.

I have a  86 yr old SIL that could use a walker or cane, (if we can convince her).
She has fell several times in the last couple of years, last time breaking her nose, injuring her leg & the Dr. says it has jarred her brain.