Author Topic: Rattlesnake Pole Beans  (Read 337 times)

Offline setx_gardener

• Grasshopper
  • The true test of character is what one does when n
    • View Profile
Rattlesnake Pole Beans
« on: March 16, 2017, 09:44:45 AM »
Hey everybody! Does anyone have a few Rattlesnakes that you could send me? Mine did not look too good after not planting last year and did not grow them year before that so seeds were at least 3 years old maybe 4. Planted them anyhow, but don't think they will germinate. I can pay for postage, only need a handful.

Thanks!
Curtis
35 x 45 Raised bed garden
Lumberton, TX
Zone 9

Online SpringTxGardener

• Grasshopper
  • Located between Spring and The Woodlands Texas, 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Rattlesnake Pole Beans
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
Curtis, I don't have any rattle snake pole beans but I do have Semraldo pole beans that I can send you.    They are a large flat green bean and, to my taste, they are delicious and grow good for me.   Let me know if you would like some.
Arlie

Offline captinharry

• Grasshopper
  • zone 9
    • View Profile
Re: Rattlesnake Pole Beans
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:09:52 AM »
Curtis I have a bit less then 1/2 a package of Rattlesnake from Baker Creek, maybe 14 or so, bought September of 2016 & germinating good on the half I planted 2 weeks ago. If you still need some let me know your address & I'll mail them Monday. Should be able to put in a regular envelope with 47c stamp which I can handle.
zone 9, gardening with a craftsman garden fork bough by my father 1942 for a his victory garden, still in use after 7 decades.