Author Topic: Thermapen on sale today only  (Read 406 times)

Offline MikeM

• Grasshopper
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
Thermapen on sale today only
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
I know there is a lot of cooks on the forum and a bunch of people that dabble with BBQ and smokers but these are on sale today (only) for $59 (regular $79).  After using one of these it takes all of the guesswork out at what state your meal is in. 

http://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-Thermapen?tw=GRILLINMAGIC
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline thebayougardener

• "Keep it Simple" - "Less is More"
  • Administrator
  • Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • The Bayou Gardener
Re: Thermapen on sale today only
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »
ThermoWorks makes some great products.  Ive been using their ChefAlarm for about 4 years now and love it.

http://www.thermoworks.com/ChefAlarm

Donald
Located on the banks of Bayou des Glaises - Louisiana  Zone 8

Retired and loving it.  Didn't know life could be so good.

http://www.thebayougardener.com

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
I want to kick this thread back in bounds for discussion. MikeM and Donald are right about this company and its products, outstanding quality products and customer service. I bought the MK4 Thermapen hand held thermometer and the Smoke model, console type dual probe unit. They're a little pricy but I never minded paying for quality, these things will make you a better cook. These folks have thought of everything when it comes to features. The Thermapen has a fold out probe that turns the unit on and off. Lay it down, it will go to sleep mode to conserve battery life, pick it up, it comes back on. It has an auto rotating digital display so your not reading numbers upside-down. It gives reading in just a second or two and comes with a certificate of accuracy. I bought the silicone boot as an accessory and I highly recommend it, it protects the unit in case of drops and falls, it has 2 powerful magnets in it so you can stick it on the fridge for storage and it glows in the dark. You can pinch the tip of the probe between your fingers and watch the temp rise. I use this thing for every grill session.

The Smoke unit is intended for smoking and long grilling. It has a probe for the food and one for fire/smoker temp, each has both high and low temperature alarms. It has a built in kickstand so it sits upright and flush mounted magnets so it too will stick to the fridge for storage. It features a remote unit that allows you to monitor temps from inside the house or garage. I find it to be highly accurate. Tested our indoor gas range, set to 350, oven beeped when that temp had been reached. Smoke said no, real temp was 287, oven was off by 63, it eventually settled out over time at about 340.

These things aren't cheap, I caught the Thermapen on sale for $79 just after Christmas last year, they're normally $99, about a month later got the silicone boot for $7, normally $11. The Smoke unit is normally $99 and that's what I paid for it. If you follow Donald's link to their website, you can sign up for their email list. Several times a year you'll be notified of sales and clearances where good deals can be found. You'll also see at the website that the 2 products I've described just barely scratch the surface of what this company offers. If you buy anything you'll also receive a catalog, temperature guides, certificate of accuracy, and a small bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans goes out with every order! All in all money well spent.

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
Thermapen MK4 on sale for $79.20 until midnight Friday 9/15/17, normally $99.