Author Topic: New Pistol  (Read 380 times)

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
New Pistol
« on: July 07, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
I had won a $300 gift certificate at a sporting clay shoot a month or two ago. It was to a gun shop way across town and so today while I was over there on that side of town, I went in and looked to see what they had. I decided to purchase a Springfield XD 4" in .45

I have never carried and once I get some trigger time in, I plan for on taking the license to carry course. I Don't spend much time in the city but it seems like things get worse there everyday. Anyone else have one of these?
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: New Pistol
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
You bought a plastic gun!  :'( :'(

I had the chance to buy an XD a few months back at a good price, but it would have been my first plastic gun. I can honestly say I still do not own any plastic guns. I was looking hard at the Ruger 22/45 for my suppressed yard gun. I went with a Browning Buckmark because the Ruger is a polymer frame.
New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
Lane,

It was my first one and I thought a long time before doing it. Try it, you'll like it ;)
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:58:44 PM »
Lane,

It was my first one and I thought a long time before doing it. Try it, you'll like it ;)

I hear ya. Nope, won't happen. I've shot them and my dad owns a couple Glocks. I habe no plans to own a plastic gun.  ;)

I am thinking about starting another 1911 build though. Probably a 10mm this go round.
New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a