Author Topic: Buddies trip to the Vet  (Read 175 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Buddies trip to the Vet
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:44:19 AM »
Yesterday it was Buddies time for the yearly shots & physical. He rides in the middle between Jewel & me , sits there just like a human enjoying the ride. We parked under a large oak & I called to let them know we were out there & when it was Buddies time just come to the door & wave us in. The girl came to the door, Jewel said she would stay in the truck & not go in, Buddy wouldn't budge, he laid down best he could in Jewel's lap. She had to get out of the truck before he would. After that he trotted right on in beside her like a well trained dog, which he's not. I was afraid he might be overly protective among strangers but all went well.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: Buddies trip to the Vet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »
Sounds like Buddie is an obedient dog with Jewel...and protective, which is good. My chihuahua, Chico, considers everything a great, fun adventure----even vet visits.

Offline Zook

• Sprout
  • Zookdesign.com
    • View Profile
    • www.zookdesign.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
Sounds like a good Dog Buddie is there Mr. Monroe.

Online Maggie13

• Sprout
  • built-incabinets
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:29:35 AM »
I am glad your trip to the vets was uneventful.

My two are more than willing to go anywhere in the truck. They love Dr. Tiffany and gives her tons of kisses when she comes in the room.She gets right on the floor with them.They think it is a play date. LOL
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
thank ya'll, when Buddy came into our yard July 2013 he had been shot, was sick, his tail was between his legs and his eyes were matted nearly closed. We brought him in Jewel bathed his eyes, cooked him a chicken breast and she just about spoon fed him the broth. It was already dark that day but early the next morning we took him to the vet. He weighted 58 pounds. Yesterday he weighted 79. The bullet didn't hit a bone & the Doc said it would do too much more damage to remove it. He still carries a 22 bullet in him. Not long ago I posted a picture of Buddy laying in Jewel's lap. Doc says Buddy is half Boxer and half Rhodesian. It would be a bad day for anyone wanting to harm Jewel any where around our house.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 07:43:34 AM »
I'm so glad that ya'll have him. What a blessing  :)