Author Topic: As Time Goes By----Casablanca  (Read 132 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
As Time Goes By----Casablanca
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
I love that song  Dooley Wilson (Sam) sang in Casablanca. Everybody was standing around after the funeral Tuesday & was visiting with Virginia. Jewel & I walked up to the group & Virginia said "I'm so proud of these two, ya'll know they're mine, I raised them".  She was just about right, Virginia was already 15 when Jewel was born. She taught Jewel how to sew, the HS prom gown Jewel is wearing was made by both of them. On the way home Tues. I started humming As Time Goes By. Here we are at 17, then at 41 and last at 81. Virginia told them all she still thinks of us as her kids. I think that is something to be proud of.

Monroe

Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: As Time Goes By----Casablanca
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:50:23 AM »
Monroe---such a wonderful life you and Jewel have had and such a long time together. It warms the heart!!

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Re: As Time Goes By----Casablanca
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
thank you Rabbit, our journey isn't over, but the road is a little rougher. We've been asked lots of questions by the young family members & always the interest seems to be our young love. Jewel & I understood each others ambitions and dreams, we always put each other first in wanting to make that possible. She knew my strengths & weaknesses, I suppose, from the beginning. She always knew when it was time for a touch or time to leave the scene. I always respected that.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together