Author Topic: Working sheep for breeding  (Read 80 times)

Online MikeM

• Grasshopper
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
Working sheep for breeding
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
I hesitated to post anything about our normal activities with the disaster going on with our friends down south but decided it might be a good time because of that.

We are finally getting to the point where we can separate the 8 & 9 month old sheep from those that will get bred in the next few weeks.  They could have been weaned months ago but we had projects that needed to be done to make separate paddocks for the different groups.  We got Ringo (our ram) separated and him and the wethers are now residing in the dog training pen. The dog training has taken a back burner to everything else up to this point. We have the two main paddocks separated into 4 smaller paddocks using electric rope.  We feed the two youngest lambs first and the rest sense they aren't allowed until I either walk away or take them down to the handling chute.

I thought a few pictures might be enjoyable.

Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Online Maggie13

• Sprout
  • built-incabinets
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
Re: Working sheep for breeding
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »
The flock look great! The little lambs sure have grown up.
I always enjoy seeing pictures of your farm and your critters.

Thank for the update Mike.
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

Online Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Working sheep for breeding
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »
Mike,

I love your sheep threads and enjoy reading them and looking at the photos. No need to apologize because of what's going on here. We need the distraction because our televisions are nothing but this flood coverage. Please continue to post. I get a lot of enjoyment from them.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z