Author Topic: are ya'll seeing any gas lines  (Read 132 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
are ya'll seeing any gas lines
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:18:57 AM »
yesterday Jewel & I watched cars jockeying for position at six gas pumps. We just sipped our coffee at the coffee shop & enjoyed the entertainment. We left there & passed by an Exxon station that had a normal business, I could have pulled up at two different pumps. I heard a fellow at the coffee shop start worrying about gas because he saw lines forming across the parking lot. Our dogs can be sitting beside us in the yard at peace with the world, but if any one of them jumps up the other two jump up & start to bark with excitement, not realizing the first one was just going to scratch.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: are ya'll seeing any gas lines
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »
Last night on the news, they showed a gas station being shut down here because they were selling gas from their SUNOCO station that had flooded. Cars wouldn't make it down the street before dying because of water in the gas.

Gas supply is tight everywhere for the time being because the refining capacity has been diminished due to the floods. Another week or so it should be fine. Also companies that have fuel haven't been able to get through on the highways to bring it to your part of the state.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:51:28 AM »
the most amusing thing yesterday was a tanker truck pulled in & the driver couldn't get to his dump point. We watched him get out & talk to the cars in the way, it appeared that no one would move, I give him credit for having more patience than me.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline MikeM

• Grasshopper
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »
Having spent most of my life on the Gulf Coast I knew to gas up before the storm came ashore.  Here they are saying the prices will go up but the pipeline that feeds our area is still pumping.
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »
My brother had gassed up all 3 cars and the rv----all were under water(rv,halfway) very quickly!!

Offline Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 01:23:59 PM »
Although I have not noticed any lines for gas, I did notice that the price has increased $0.22 per gallon.

Ben
Northwest La. zone 8b

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
we don't have lines, but we have seen a big increase in just a few days.   the pumps down the road are at 2.64 right now.  i think hub paid 2.59 at the QT on his way to work yesterday.

Inch by inch, row by row
Someone bless these seeds I sow
Someone warm them from below
Till the rain comes tumblin' down
-The Garden Song