Author Topic: just a choice of words  (Read 80 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
just a choice of words
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »
Yesterday in conversation I was reminded of something from years past. There was a time I was a member in the local Kiwanis Club-- it was my time to make a presentation pertaining to business so I decided to use myself as an example as to what might put that burning desire inside a person to start a business. I didn't know much about politics and had no desire to learn, but an incident made me mad enough to start learning. I wanted to know all about politics and small business, what all could be used that was actually set up for large corporations. As I talked on that day at noon a fellow interrupted me, you talk like an opportunist. I knew him and I knew immediately where he was headed with that word, I quickly replied, "You damn right I am". I finished my presentation & got a good clap of hands.---Then one time as I was teaching my Sunday School class a young lady asked how could a person know God was speaking . I just said look around and think about opportunity.

Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: just a choice of words
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
Ha, you told him, Monroe!!   My husband has been a proud Kiwanian for 39 years. He just loves it!! Got Kiwanian of the year 2 yrs ago. I refused to join any civic clubs when we moved here-----I was all "clubbed out" from living 44 yrs in the Ms Delta, where clubs are "the thing!" Maybe I have lost my civic mindedness, but it surely is nice to be club-free!!

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
Rabbit I was opportunistic in that I wanted to eat from the same table politicians offered corporations. I could care less about what side of the table as long as I could use to my benefit what was being served. Jewel & I was already helping kids who needed glasses, mostly ones who she personally knew that had needs. A business friend invited me to come to a Kiwanis meeting & luncheon, I liked what I saw and heard then especially after reading what they were all about I joined. One experience of the past that really helped was my pancake flipping , I have flipped more than I can count. We all had a good time back in those days.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »
Ha, Monroe, Bobby is an expert pancake flipper after all these years. He loves to flip!! He ,too, is such a pro at it now. Wish I could get him to flip some pancakes at home!!