Author Topic: Skunks and Dogs  (Read 141 times)

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Skunks and Dogs
« on: September 07, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
Just read Monroes skunk post from last year and thought I'd pass this along. My wife and I were watching "Dr. Pol" earlier this year. Dr. Pol is a large and small animal vet in Central Michigan and has a popular tv show on Saturday nights. In this particular episode a client brought in a medium size dog that was in full seizure from skunk spray.  That dog had been in a confined area of some sort and couldn't get away from the skunk funk and couldnt get to fresher air and was overcome, going into seizures. Dr. Pol gave him a shot I believe and maybe some oxygen, it survived. This could have ended badly had the owner not found the dog when he did. Just a heads up for those of you with pets at risk.

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Re: Skunks and Dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
ksp313 thanks for sharing the vet program, so far the skunks are keeping away from the dogs yard. I also appreciate your going  back & obviously getting better acquainted with all of us on the forum. That's real good, you'll find some mighty fine folks.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: Skunks and Dogs
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
Yes sir Monroe that's what I Do!  During periods of slack time, like now, when there's not much going on in the garden, I very much enjoy poking around in the various threads on this forum. There's a lot to be learned here and you develop a feel for folks who post here. I'm quickly working my way through almost all of them.