Author Topic: WW 2 Museum  (Read 107 times)

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
WW 2 Museum
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
Anybody been? My brother in law visited in February, said it's not to missed. My cajun friend of 2 years, who was born and raised in NOLA, tells me not to go, just too dangerous, even in daylight in groups of people. She said the only manner in which to visit would be to get a cab from hotel and have them let me out outside the doors to the museum. That's what my brother in law did. But we're not planning on staying in NOLA. She says they're parts of town she's visited all her life that she will not return to. I had several uncles in the war and I have a great interest in the war's history. Let me know what you think.

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Re: WW 2 Museum
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 10:15:27 PM »
ksp313 try a travel agency, you might get a package deal at a hotel that would have shuttle service to the museum. Jewel & I have done this a good bit, we have always found through  an agency a hotel offering shuttle service to the top tourist attractions.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
Not staying in NOLA though, going to stay near the bayous. A shame things are so rough in NOLA that you can't visit safely. My friend says NOLA was forever changed by Katrina, and not in a good way.

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
Last time I was in the area we stayed at a State Park on the west side of the river an it was about a 20 minute drive into the French Quarter.  Beautiful area lots of birds an wildlife an now Zook lives close by. 
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline Zook

• Sprout
  • Zookdesign.com
    • View Profile
    • www.zookdesign.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
I have not been yet but I along with the wife and LSU Tim and his wife are planning to go in Feb next year. Down town is scary but during the day I don't have a problem going where we need to go. Once it starts to get dark, no way.