Author Topic: What a night of music  (Read 104 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
What a night of music
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »
Our concert season started with the music of ABBA. This group billed themselves as ABBAFAB. Some we weren't familiar with but we did hear some past favorites like Mamma Mia, Fernando, Waterloo, Gimme Gimme Gimme/Money Money Money, and Take a chance on me / Honey Honey. We remember the 70s as we started rubbing elbos with the business world and on a couple of the songs I saw myself in a floral shirt, light blue bell bottoms and my white boots out there on  the floor with the prettiest girl there. Last night she was sitting beside me and we were just holding hands. I show a picture of the selections.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: What a night of music
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
Monroe----ABBA was an awesome group. Sometimes I just put their CD on and use it to inspire me for my domesticated duties around here----works like a charm!! Love,love,love ABBA!

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
Rabbit you would have enjoyed this group, they had the right sound, instruments and costume. Concerts usually last about two hours with 15 minute middle intermission. This group ran a little over at the end by coming down & letting the audience take selfies with them as they sang. Jewel & I just sorta slipped out during the commotion. That way we got off the parking lot without the usual traffic jam.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »
Yes, I definitely would have enjoyed it!! Such great harmony in ABBA songs.