Author Topic: A valued lesson I taught our Son  (Read 119 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
A valued lesson I taught our Son
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
Every time I came in from work Jimmy always met me running and always something of utmost importance on his mind. I never knew what to expect, but on one afternoon  he had standing on his head on his mind. Jewel said he had really been trying hard most of the day & was pretty sure I would show him how. When I found this picture Jewel remembered Jimmy's excitement as I was showing him.  We had another good laugh.

Monroe

Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline Vince6424

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: A valued lesson I taught our Son
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
Cool photo Monroe!  8)
1/2 acre bush block in the Perth Hills, Australia

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »
Your a good man monroe!

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
Reminds me that surprisingly it was our mother who taught us to do  splits, a headstand,  cartwheel,etc. Daddy was extremely athletic but Mom seemed to have some gymnast talent. My older brother would walk all over the yard in a handstand----think Daddy taught him that one, but it very well could have been Mom. When she was 70 yrs old, she taught our 6 yr old nephew how to do a headstand-----actually demonstrated it!! I had no idea she would still be able to do it-----she said she had not tried it since we were little.

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »
I was never any kind of athlete in HS. My pleasure was working that's what I wanted to do instead of sports. I loved to fish and did a lot of that. The closet thing I did that was athletic was swim. Jewel liked to see me do push ups and would count them off for me, I don't remember how many, it was just something I did for her and no one else. Much later in life I took tennis lessons because that was her thing. Jewel taught me to dance and wrapping myself around her waist  was something I excelled at. Jimmy heard about the time I pitched his Mother up over my head and one day we were all playing at the lake. He wanted me to do what I had done with Jewel, I did and threw him out in the water. He thought that was lots of fun, that kid wore me out that afternoon.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together