Author Topic: Is your sibling also a close friend  (Read 117 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Is your sibling also a close friend
« on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
I found a picture of Sis taken Oct. 62. It was on a slide, she is two years younger than me. You have seen her in a lot of our 50s pictures, she was in our group as teens. Sis told Teresa that she was the only one left in the family who knew Jewel's and my early years story. Back in the day there were some folks who thought Sis & I were twins. We have coffee together ever morning between 5 & 6 o'clock. The only time in our life she ever got angry with me was when she first started dating. She didn't need or want any of my help by letting some of her dates know my expectations of them. My hair wasn't as deep red as hers but red enough.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: Is your sibling also a close friend
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:43:27 AM »
Monroe-----my parents had 4 kids in 5.5 years. To say we were/are close is an understatement!! We were each other's main playmates always,even with lots of other friends. In our grown up years, even when separated by distance, we have all talked several times a week by phone. Lots of interests in common----so many wonderful memories that we share. Grew up in a close,loving family----thank you, Mom and Dad!!!

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:19:39 AM »
i am the second of 8 kids in my family.  my mom had 4 kids in 3 years (jan and nov of the same year...we call them the irish twins) then waited 8 years and had the bottom 4 kids every 3 years apart.  I am 17 years older than my youngest sister.   I would say the bottom 4 kids are much closer than the top 4 kids are and the bottom 4 are not really close with the top 4.  this is in partly due to the age differences and partly to the fact that the top 4 have spread out to different states and the bottom 4 all tend to be in the same area and are more involved with each other's lives.

I would say I am closest to my sister that is 2 years younger than me (the nov baby).  i talk to her about 1x a week to check in and chat.  sadly, i rarely hear from my other siblings.  overall, we are not really that close. 
post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
Woodchip....y'all need to have an annual or every 2 yr reunion!! We do that just to stay in touch and try to stay close to all our spread out nieces, nephews,cousins,etc----the younger upwardly mobile crew who are EVERYWHERE in the country. It is such a fun thing that no one wants to miss it. Really helps reconnect and get caught up on everyone's lives. We do ours in Memphis,because it is so centrally located----do have a few relatives there ,too. Hey, that is your blood, and families are forever. Give it a try----may work out well for you.

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
Monroe, my sister is my only sibling, we get along great, but we aren't close. It's her fault. She moved away from here within a week of graduating high school and has never lived here since. She ricocheted around the southeastern U. S., following her air traffic controller husband. He finally retired and they moved to Bend, OR. She does return home 2-3 a year but we mostly keep up now by phone or text. Interestingly, neither of us had children.