Author Topic: Shine On Harvest Moon  (Read 101 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Shine On Harvest Moon
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
Jewel & I watched the harvest moon rise above the trees at the creek, then partly disappear in the clouds then break through as if saying I'm here for you tonight.  A single coyote across the way on the south side started low and as it reached upward others joined in, almost immediately down on our creek it sounded like a coyote round up. Our dogs joined in with full expression with their two cents worth, then all went silent. We stayed in our chairs held hands and just enjoyed the night. That same moon is the same one that was there for us from the beginning. I take these words out of context but I like them--"Shine on Harvest Moon The Night Is mighty Dark--I can't see why a boy should sigh--When by his side is the girl he loves so true.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Shine On Harvest Moon
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:00:56 PM »
The last three nights were beautiful here. The moon lit our entire place up and we enjoyed it too.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
I love the Harvest Moon. Doesn't get as big here as it did in Ms but still large and beautiful. In Ms when it first started rising on the horizon in the evening, it was HUGE beyond belief----one time I pulled my car off the road just to look at it without having a wreck----was almost  alarming! I do miss seeing those.

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »
Mr wife & I looked at the Harvest Moon from the porch.

I thank The Lord He let us see another Harvest Moon together.