Author Topic: Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's  (Read 141 times)

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPC9k8YLtBw

My daughter sent me this early today and I don't know how much merit it has but I wonder if any of you out there have looked into this.

I think of Mr. Monroe and Jewel offer and what a horrible disease this is and wonder if there are not natural cures for such diseases? While I certainly wouldn't microwave mine, using it may have some positive outcomes.

Watch it and see form your own opinion. A doctor my daughter went to this week has a tremendous amount of Alzheimer's and dimentia and she is the one that provided the link. She takes it as a preventive each day.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut Oil for Alzheimer's
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
thank you double B, we became aware of this claim several years back , but have never discussed it with our Neurologist. I am a member in an Alzheimer's association group which keeps us informed of all research being done in the medical field. There has been several things that give a little hope for the future. It does mean a lot for your thinking of us, thanks again.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
I think there are several vegetable oils,too, that do the same thing. First of which is extra virgin olive oil.

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
If you are going to do this, the doctor said that the Garden of Life brand extra virgin, non gmo, organic is the best there is. It apparently has a much better taste and is of better quality than the other varieties. As for me, I don't know because I have never used any type of coconut oil. If I suffered form one of these conditions that it might help, I certainly would try it and see. The thing that makes me skeptical of the video is the statement there will be a "study" done to check the effectiveness of coconut oil. It wouldn't matter if it cured Alzheimer's, baldness, cancer and everything in between, big pharma would never let it be approved. Follow the money as usual ::) ::) ::)
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
i purchased cold pressed coconut oil awhile ago when i was trying oil pulling.  it is supposed to have very good antibacterial properties.  i didn't do it long since the oil starts as a paste and turns to oil as you swish it in your mouth.  :(

i did use it for my hair and skin.  it worked pretty well.  i was not consuming it as my hub hates coconut and did not want me to cook with it. 

mr. monroe.  you may want to check with your doctor regarding royal jelly.  i have had essential tremor (which is a hereditary neurological tremor)  since i was young.  i was reading through some of the ET sites and it was recommended.  it is supposed to help protect the neurons you have to keep them from fritzing out.

i remember at the time looking the info up and found several medical studies or royal jelly for neurological studies.  i just looked again and found a couple of them for you to read up on. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3507025/

http://www.impactjournals.com/oncotarget/index.php?journal=oncotarget&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=10857

http://tigerprints.clemson.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2653&context=all_dissertations
post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
thanks chipper, I have not heard of Royal Jelly but something of interest I found in reading the articles was the referring to B12. When Jewel was first diagnosed special attention was given regarding B12. Blood work is done every four months.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together