Author Topic: have ya'll got your flue shot  (Read 162 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
have ya'll got your flue shot
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »
we always get ours about this time each year and did so last week. at our age now flue is something we don't need.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: have ya'll got your flue shot
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
Monroe, we don't get flu shots. Never had the flu. My daddy never took them and never even had a cold in his life that anyone could remember.. Ha, he got his first bad cold at age 87 after my brother insisted he get a flu shot-----boy was he mad!! I told my brother that from now on, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
we've only had the flue once each . We were in San Antonio when I started getting sick up in the night. Jewel wanted to take me to a ER at the closest hospital, but I told her if I was still alive at daybreak take me home, she did and I lived. One time was one too many, rather have the shot.

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:43:17 AM »
My only sibling who takes the shot got Swine Flu a few years back when it was going around and so deadly. He got it a few days before Christmas -----was very sick and missed the whole event and seeing his kids, grandkids,etc. and his wife who never gets the shots did not get it!!  I guess it really depends on each individual.

Online Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:41:37 PM »
Yes, got mine today at my 6 month scheduled appointment with my family doctor.  I took the results of my  12 blood test I have had this year and last one in September and he was satisfied with that and waived my usual blood test.  He ask about my garden as he misses the fresh veggies i used to bring him and his employees.

Yesterday I drove to Pineville, La to see the surgeon that operated on me in August 2016 for a bowel blockage and  large abdominal hernia.  When he opened the door ( I already had my shirt off) he stood a the door and commented on a new hernia poking out my chest.  I then told him about a larger one that was not pooching out at the time.  Needless to say he still advised me to stay off the tractor, so there goes my chances for  late fall garden.

He also busted my bubble by telling me that I was no longer holding the record for his worst bowel blockage operation patient, he operated on a patient that beat me since the last time I saw him.

Next is a PET scan in Shreveport to see if I am cancer free after 47 radiation treatments.

All I can do now is read other members post and look at your photos.

Keep em coming!!

Ben

Northwest La. zone 8b

Online Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »
God bless you Ben. That is a monumental amount of radiation and we will pray that there is no more cancer.

All our best,
Double B
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »
Ben---prayers from here for a good report on your PET scan. You have been though quite enough with 47 treatments. Sorry no late Fall garden, but Spring will be here before you know. God bless and heal you.

Online bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 08:52:13 AM »
Ben, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Bless you.          judy

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
Ben glad you got the flue shot, also know that we're with you in prayer & thought.

Online Ben

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.

Ben
Northwest La. zone 8b