Author Topic: Whats for supper ?  (Read 55057 times)

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Whats for supper ?
« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »
Baked chicken, mushroom herb risotto, purple hull peas with okra.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
G'day All,
 Tonight I did a Spaghetti , with a beef Red wine & mushroom sauce, & desert was a lemon & coconut pudding with fresh cream washed down with a mint tissaine,
                           Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 17, 2017, 03:52:32 AM »
Roasted Lamb With a garlic gravy & vegetables, Balsamic Strawberry tart & fresh whipped cream, Home made Baileys Irish cream  &  A coffee , Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 17, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »
Tazz Do you have a personal chef?  Your meals always seem to be well thought out and elaborate.   
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 17, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
G'day Gopher,
No Mate , I am a qualified pastry chef/baker indentured for 5 years  before  becoming an Intensive care paramedic for 32 years, now a humble pensioner farmer growing fruit & veg on or 3 acres in the Huon valley in Tasmania.

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
Tazz that is impressive as are your meals. 
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 17, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »
Chicken & Okra gumbo! :P
Watch where you're going, not where you've been

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2017, 08:55:24 AM »
 G'day all,
tonight we had a bubble & squeak on a heavy rye bread,  toasted & drizzled with ginger vincotto, then a rocky road slice & a fruit tissane,
Regards pete

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2017, 05:34:13 AM »
G'day All ,
Tonight was Miso soup with bonito flakes & a coffee,
      Regards Pete

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 19, 2017, 08:29:29 AM »
tazzy...first i have to say thank you.  i learn a lot about new food dishes from reading and researching what you eat.  :)  the bubble and squeak thing looks delish and a great way to use up leftover veg.

i do have to ask though...where do you shop?  i mean most folks i know don't have bonito flakes hanging around.  do you order stuff online?  do you shop at a specialty store?  or are the stores there just full of weird stuff?

post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2017, 11:24:56 AM »
Spicy meatloaf (hot peppers from last Fall garden), cauliflower casserole, collard greens, fresh corn on the cob, scratch cornbread. Some kind of home made cake, if I can get around to it today.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
G'day Woodchip,
We have Asian Grocery shops specializing in this type of food & it is in the Asian sections of the major grocery stores. The miso is a fermented soy product that is the base for my soup, I dice up dried Kombu (seaweed)  or add whatever veggies I want or have, The Bonito is a pelagic hunting fish & is easily procured from the same source as the Miso stock base. We also have one of the most famous Sushi chefs, Masakai,  in town who is married to a Tasmanian girl & runs his restaurant here,  along with other interests . He is a great source of Information & brings a lot of tourists from near & far to help the local economy.So, I guess we have a lot of weird, good stuff to try out, if you are open to it.
                                Regards Pete

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 21, 2017, 04:53:09 AM »
G'day All,Tonight we had a Chicken breast fillet with a ginger Vincotto & Veggies , Carrot cake, Washed down with a coffee.
                      Regards Pete

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 23, 2017, 05:28:09 AM »
G'day All,
 Tonight I did a Beef & Vegetable Stew with an  Apple cider & Red wine Gravy. Washed down with a hartz mountain spring water & a wagon wheel biscuit.
                             Regards Pete

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 23, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Chip, you need to go out and venture in some Asian stores. I've been on a noodle kick and have been trying a few pre packaged ramen and you'll be surprised, the ramen you see in stores are junk compared to what the Asian stores have.

I would guess your daughter in collage has friends that eat these all the time.

You should try the Prima Taste Lamian, it's the top shelf of ramen. It's good enough that it could pass for restaurant quality with a few added ingredients.

Here's some Jjamppong, it's in the cooler and comes with 2 packs of fresh noodles. I added some fake crab meat(Pollock), scallops, shrimp, cilantro and scallions.

The bottom is Nongshims Shin Black pot au feu instant ramen. I added mushrooms, sliced pork, cilantro, scallions, Hoisin and Sriracha sauce.

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 24, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
Well we had baked chicken,
Red Ripper Peas,
maters,
pickled beets,
tater salad,
squash,
real cornbread,
Diet Pepsi & no fat jello.

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2017, 05:09:34 AM »
hi ragun

my older daughter's best friend is korean.  many years ago her mom told me about the international store that they shop at down by our old house and we go there for items when my daughter is home. they have literally a little bit of everything!  they have all sorts of fruit and veg you would never see at the regular store.  they carry staples for pretty much everyone.  there is also a fish market in there, several food vendors and even some home goods like pots/pans/small appliances, etc.

https://www.supergmart.net/

i know she has had the black package of ramen before.  she too adds meat and veg to hers.  the store we have gone is rather large and has a good variety.  we have made asian food many times...i was just surprised because tazzy has such a broad range of dishes that he makes...i was just wondering what inspires him. 

my daughter always seems to find interesting things when we go there.  she got me one time.  she handed me what looked like a honey coated peanut.  when you first eat it....sweet and delish.  then the fish flavor sneaks up on you last minute.  lol.  turns out there was cuttlefish in them and that is all you taste once you get past the initial sweet.  they weren't bad, but when your brain expects sweet and you get a mouth full of fish flavor it is a surprise. lol

post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »
That's a big market and looks like it has everything. I'd have to plan lunch every time I went shopping just to try all the dishes.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 25, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »
G'day all.
Tonight I did my version of a ramen soup with beef & noodles  ,and an added  bit of goat cheese  Hot Salami ,& crispy fried shallots on top for interest. then a couple of lindor balls for desert with the coffees.        Regards Pete

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 26, 2017, 05:42:01 AM »
G'day All,
 Tonight I did a Frittata  with spud , diced ham , diced hot salami, duck eggs , & goat cheese. It took a bit to flip them  but ended up OK despite my best efforts.
 Regards Pete