Author Topic: Whats for supper ?  (Read 46597 times)

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: Whats for supper ?
« Reply #660 on: August 28, 2017, 04:13:47 AM »
G'day All,
 Tonight I am doing a Chicken & Vegetable Noodle soup With a Herb & garlic bread, A fig Puff & a cold old  Beer.
                 Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Offline Vince6424

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
G'day All,
 Tonight I am doing a Chicken & Vegetable Noodle soup With a Herb & garlic bread, A fig Puff & a cold old  Beer.
                 Regards Pete
Tooheys Old Pete?
1/2 acre bush block in the Perth Hills, Australia

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »
G'day Vince,
Yes Mate , But I would have preferred A Hunter old from Newcastle or a Boags Strong arm Bitter, which was dropped from the Boags brewery line up when Carlton United brewery's took over  the Launceston Based brewer about 10 years ago.
                 Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Offline Vince6424

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 28, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »
G'day Pete  ;) Melbourne bitter is one of my favorite here. Wifey was born in Launceston by the way but I've never been to Tassie.
1/2 acre bush block in the Perth Hills, Australia

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »
Hey Vince , If you are planning to cross the creek any time soon for a visit , bring ya gummies with ya cause it is sloppy from the rain. I am rather partial to the traditional black beers myself  but I don't like that Irish Guinness stuff, It tastes the color it looks, BLUAAK, 
              regards Pete

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 29, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »
Chicken patties and homemade buns!!!

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »
G'day All,
  Tonight is Curry beef & Vegetable & Fried rice, A chocolate pudding & cream & a Hot Chocolate to wash it down.
                   Regards Pete

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 31, 2017, 07:20:50 AM »
G'day All.
Tonight was a conglomerate of  Ham ,Cheese, tomato, baked beans, on a Vintage cheddar cheese & Basil Puff,  A Sticky Date Pudding & a Coffee.
                                 Regards Pete

Online ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
Grilled pork steaks, macaroni with tomatoes, pinto beans and applesauce.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 01, 2017, 08:26:24 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight we had Tasmanian scotch fillet  steak with steamed potatoes, onion mushies, cabbage, tomato with a dash of rich brown meat gravy, S then a strawberry marshmallow slice & a coffee to wash it all down'
                             Regards Pete

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
Tomato gravy, on fresh baked canned biscuits!  Wow comfort food for sure!  Our tomato season is generally just about over but this year they have been slow to ripen but man oh man they are good, an lots of them. 
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2017, 04:06:32 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight I did my version of a chicken & sweet corn soup with small minced chicken won tons as a bolster & a homemade  orange mineral water to wash it down .
Regards Pete

Online MikeM

• Grasshopper
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2017, 06:25:38 AM »
Last night we put some shank of lamb in the slow cooker after browning with some white wine.  It was delicious. :)

Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 04, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »
i am way behind on keeping up with the dinner ideas!  they all sounded great. 

ragun, your buns looked great!  did you grind the chicken?  what is in them?

mike, the lamb looks awesome and those toms are such a deep red.  bet they were delicious!

tazzy, i am always inspired by your meals.   :)

ksp...i like tomato in my mac too.  gives you bite of acid and brightness against the rich mac and cheese. 

gopher...i have made biscuits before, but canned ones are usually my go to as well.  lol.  fresh tom on a biscuit is heaven  :)

hub is home tonight, so i am going to make a london broil and homemade mac and cheese.  i have a ton of cheese around right now, so 2 birds/1 stone.  i have some of the left over sauteed cuccuza squash i can have and will also make some corn on the cob. inspired by ksp, i am going to cube up a tom to put in my mac.  hub will prob put mushrooms in his.  little one is a plain jane...lol.

Inch by inch, row by row
Someone bless these seeds I sow
Someone warm them from below
Till the rain comes tumblin' down
-The Garden Song

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 04, 2017, 08:38:00 AM »
G'day Guys,
Tonight i did a spiced sausage & vegetable  meat loaf with vintage cheddar  cheese & bacon bits & the gravy was based on a garlic plum & ginger vincotto thickened with a roux we had some steamed spuds on the side & a hot buttered  English muffin for the gravy leftover. & a bucket of Irish breakfast tea to wash it all down,
Regards Pete

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 04, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »
I fired up the pit yesterday, baby backs and country style, dogs and roasted pig knuckles. Sides were eggplant dressing and baked beans. While I was cooking my sister next door already started a chuck roast and lima beans so we had plenty of leftovers. Today she cooked a gumbo, I think I'm all set till Thursday.

Chip, those chicken patties are sold in stores here, it's just ground up thighs, seasoning and spicey mustard. It's one of those Cajun things. I don't know where the mustard came from but they are off the chain good.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 07, 2017, 05:43:07 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight we had a slow cooked Chicken & Mushroom stew on a bed of noodles,&  A balsamic strawberry tart with a butter cream rosette  & a black tea to wash it down
                      Regards Pete

Online Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 07, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »
Grilled shrimp and bone in rib eyes, baked potatoes with all the fixings and grilled asparagus!
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere 655Z

Online crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 08, 2017, 02:23:35 AM »
Baked chicken,
rice,
maters,
home made biscuits,
Diet Pepsi & no fat yogurt.

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2017, 07:01:40 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight I did a butterflied banana prawns with a curried sauce on a bed of fried sweet onion & noodles, almond biscuits  , washed down with Adams ale.
   Regards Pete