Author Topic: Have you started thinking Christmas  (Read 528 times)

Offline Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
Have you started thinking Christmas
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
There has never been a Christmas since I met Jewel that we haven't exchanged gifts. Today we went shopping ate chicken & dumplings for dinner & just had a good old fashion time. I help her select clothes now & thought I would show you what we picked out. She wanted me to get myself something from her. I got a pair of jeans and work gloves. The tree is up & decorated, we'll wrap our gifts & put them under the tree until Christmas eve. This was a good day filled with fun and happiness.

Monroe

Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: Have you started thinking Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:12:09 AM »
Monroe----you did a good job of shopping..love the outfit!!  I have done none to speak of.. had better get busy soon. Been distracted, to say the least. Will not do too much in the way of gift buying this year...keeping it simple. Hope to make a lot of home cooked goodies,too....ha, seems to be what everyone appreciates the most!!

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
good job on the outfit mr. monroe!  blue is def her color, so i am sure it will look great on her!  i am glad you got something to wrap up too! does your son and his wife come for christmas?  or do you go there?

i am almost ready.  most of my gifts are purchased and wrapped.  i have a couple of things that i am waiting to arrive that i ordered online, but very few.   the tree is up and decorated.  the lights are up outside.  i have the stuff to make my cookies next week.  all i have left is to get the groceries i need for christmas dinner.  i am going to make a big pan of lasagna. 

my older daughter is coming home for christmas break this saturday.  the little one is very excited!  early next week we will go to our local park for the christmas lights.  they do a beautiful display of the 12 days of christmas and various other lights throughout the whole park.  we have gone every year since we have moved up here and it keeps getting better.  they also have santa in a little house, those animatronic singing bears and a giant tree that gives off bubbles that makes it look like it is snowing.

post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Woodchip....sounds like much progress made and great fun planned. Y'all have a good time!!
This Sat nite will be supper here, then make large mugs of hot chocolate to take in the car, while we ride around and see the Christmas decorations and lights.

Offline Monroe

• Sprout
  • We are still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
thank ya'll, after I learned Jewel's favorite brands of clothes shopping for her is easy. I've always known her likes and dislikes in color. Jim and Teresa will be here Christmas Eve, my cooking is pretty simple--sliced BBQ beef from Soul Mans--Buns--Qt. of potato salad--can of Bushes baked beans--bag of salad--Fritoes--catalina dressing-- Sara Lee peach cobbler & ice cream---tea. Teresa is the anchor for her family, they set up tables & chairs in a beautiful decorated garage everybody brings a dish, Teresa does the chicken & dressing--one of her brothers & wife bring a big ham--plenty of deserts--usually 25 to 30 will be there-- one BIL is a church deacon & he will have a brief devotion with prayer--plenty of singing and laughter--The family has adopted Jewel & Me.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 04:51:39 PM »
that sounds like a fun outing rabbit.  christmas lights are awesome!

sounds like a big crowd mr. monroe!  that makes for fun holidays.  it is nice to get everyone together.  :)

post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)