Author Topic: King Ranch Beef Pasta  (Read 121 times)

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
King Ranch Beef Pasta
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:45:13 PM »
Either you are a casserole person or your not. My wife and I enjoy the blend of flavors and I found this one a couple months ago and we like it so I thought I'd share it for the casserole lovers on this forum:

1 1/2 pounds hamburgers meat
1 can of rotel tomatoes
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 Teaspoon of minced garlic
1 onion chopped
1 lb. of penne pasta
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese

Brown onion and hamburger meat. Season it with chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Drain and set aside
Cook penne pasta, drain and set aside. Mix all the ingredients together except cheddar cheese. Spray a 13 X 9 or two smaller Corning Ware dishes with non stick cooking spray. Pour in the casserole and top with grated cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This also freezes well.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
Re: King Ranch Beef Pasta
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:57:14 PM »
thanks double b.  i looked at a pic of it and it almost looks like mac and cheese with beef and tomatoes. i am excited to see how it tastes.

i am always looking for new and interesting things to make for dinner.  i am gonna try this one!  hub loves any sort of mac and cheese inspired dish, so it should be a hit!

thanks again!
post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:13:37 AM »
Double B----you are killing me on my low carb diet!!!! Sounds so good----I saved it for after I lose 15 more pounds!! I will treat myself to this recipe then!

Offline Double B

• Sprout
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:58:44 AM »
When I initially looked at this recipe I thought the same thing. What a way to bust a diet. I know that there are many different diet options and this certainly isn't one of them but I just choose to eat less of it. I love the blend of flavors from casseroles and this is a good one.

Rabbitproof, I hope your weight loss journey continues to go well. I get crazy about it for a while and then ease my way back up. I admire people who don't have to watch their weight and while I don't have a lot of bad habits, eating is my nemesis  >:(
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
Double B----I really don't overeat. Seems like 3 yrs ago when I hit 65 yrs old, the weight started piling on for no really apparent reason. I did not do a garden this past yr and that seemed to add the pounds too from less physical work, I guess. Hopefully, getting back out in a garden this yr will help!!