Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Ammonium Sulphate
« Last post by woodchip gardener on Today at 05:04:04 AM »
hi lance

i read up on this for a bit.  several of the sites i read said it is ok to mix with water, but to be careful on how much since it is naturally acidic.  the wiki page gave an amount for use

70.6 g per 100 g water (0 C)
74.4 g per 100 g water (20 C)
103.8 g per 100 g water (100 C)[1]

there are roughly 236 grams to a cup.

on a related note, i read an few interesting sites that noted that some folks put ammonium sulfate in the water that they mix with their roundup.  apparently if you have hard water it can interfere with the effectiveness of the roundup.
Happy Hour / Re: woke up deaf in 1 ear
« Last post by woodchip gardener on Today at 04:42:41 AM »
hey all.  just an update.  right now i take 2 steroids in the am, 1 at noon and 1 at night.  when i take the 2 it kicks my butt bad.  the last 2 days i sat down on the couch to watch the morning news after i got the hub/kiddo out the door and i feel asleep on the couch!  for like 2+ hours.  i think 2 at a time is too much for my system.  once i get up i feel ok but then have to take another one at lunch.  the ones i take 1 at a time seem to just get me revved up.  yesterday afternoon/evening i went into the kiddos room and tore it apart.  i sorted all of her stuff out and when she got home we did some major purging.  we have sorted out tons of stuff to donate to her school and some to charity.  i was really proud of her.  today i will finish the clean up and maybe move her room around if i can find a better way to situate it.

luckily today is the last day of 2 in the am then it steps down to 1 pill 3x a day for 3 days, then 2 pills per day and then just 1 pill per day.  so far i have not noticed any change in my ear.  i think once i am done with these pills i am just going to move forward and get on with it.  the next step they wanted to do after these is to put needle of steroids right into my ear drum.  i don't think i am up for that.  if 10 days of steroids is not going to help, then so be it.

the other crap part is the tinnitus.  i asked the doctor if my nerve is dead how do i have the high pitched tone in that ear all the time?  he said it was in my brain, not in my nerve.  not much they can do for that either it seems.  i did some reading online and it said to try to learn to ignore it and it will slowly be less bothersome.  i noticed that does work.  when i am distracted by doing something i don't notice it as much.   one of the people online said it is like folks who work at a gas station and don't notice the gas smell anymore.  you just get used to it and it gets easier to ignore.  we'll see how that goes.

thanks again for all the love!

Happy Hour / Re: Whats for supper ?
« Last post by Tazzy Turfer on Today at 04:02:06 AM »
G'day all,
Tonight we have an olde English Pork Pie washed down with a couple of Cleansing Ales.
Regards Pete
Happy Hour / Re: Lets share some old sayings/cliches
« Last post by crazyhorse on Today at 02:50:03 AM »
Be who you are and say what you want,
for those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.

You were born an original.
 Don t die a copy.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Happy Hour / Re: Joke for today--keep it clean.
« Last post by crazyhorse on Today at 02:46:34 AM »
THREE LITTLE BOYS were concerned because they couldn't get anyone to play with them.

They decided it was because they had not been baptized and didn't go to Sunday school.

So they went to the nearest church,  but, only the janitor was there.

One little boy said, "We need to be baptized because no one will come out and play with us.

Will you baptize us?"

Sure,  said the janitor.

He took them into the bathroom and dunked their little heads in the toilet bowl, one at a time.

Then he said, "You are now baptized!"

When they got outside, one of them asked, "'What denomination do you think we are?"

The oldest one said, "We're not Kathlick, because they pour the water on you."

"We're not Babtis, because they dunk all of you in the water."
 "We're not Methdiss, because they just sprinkle water on you."
The youngest one said, "Didn't you smell that water?"

They all joined in asking, 'Yeah! What do you think that means?'

"I think it means we're----- Pisskopailians!"   ;D       ;D        ;D      ;D
« Last post by crazyhorse on Today at 02:07:28 AM »
A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller.
He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.
'Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a vacation..'
Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name.
The frog says my name is Kermit Jagger, and my dad is Mick Jagger, and he knows the bank manager.
Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
The frog says, 'Sure, I have this' and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
She finds the manager and says 'There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and  he wants to borrow $30,000 and he wants to use this as collateral.'
She holds up the tiny pink elephant.
 'I mean, what in the world is this?'
The bank manager looks back at her and says...

.....'It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'
« Last post by crazyhorse on Today at 02:02:04 AM »
Mr Dsmythe,  ;D    Mr Dsmythe   ;D
General Discussion / Re: Ammonium Sulphate
« Last post by bigboberta on March 22, 2018, 06:51:31 PM »
I have never mixed calcium nitrate in water, but I have done it with both ammonium nitrate and ammonium phosphate.  I figure what I need for my rows and dissolve that much into the water and feed it through my drip tape.  Also must have a filter for drip tape.  I also do it with Miracle Gro.

I shoot for Good Friday for tomatoes and peppers, weather willing.  I have had to cover them in the past.

General Discussion / Re: What's the weather like in your area ?
« Last post by Rabbitproof on March 22, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
Gymgirl----my Kingwood Tx brother left this morning for Fla. He can't win....shoulda stayed in Texas!!! Sunny today here(finally) but down to 29 tonight. Rain predicted all weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10