Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Check out this hornets nest!
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 04:30:35 AM »
I accidentally disturbed a small, new hornet's nest in my yard one time. They chased me,but my maid saw and was holding the nearby patio door open for me to run into the house .I made it with only 6 stings but boy, did those stings burn like fire and for a long time!!! I cannot imagine if it had been a large nest----probably would not have been here now.
General Discussion / Re: Ungodly amount of oranges on this tree.....
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 04:21:55 AM »
Now that had my mouth watering besides the fact that it is an amazing load of fruit----never seen one that loaded. Thanks for posting.
General Discussion / Re: Jeanne d'Arc in NOLA
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 04:11:03 AM »
Ha, Joe-----yeah they tear down all historical stuff so they can create a new history of their choosing! They all want to live in a fantasy world!!
Happy Hour / Re: Tonight's gospel song
« Last post by crazyhorse on Today at 03:27:36 AM »
I hope everyone enjoys Palms of Victory.

https://youtu.be/eg_EEb3Fz-o?list=RDeg_EEb3Fz-o

I Am A Child of The King

https://youtu.be/5ckWOrVdbEI?list=RD5ckWOrVdbEI
« Last post by BEEMAN on December 16, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
I have done a few like this. Just as big and maybe even more hornets. When they are flying around you it is like a window fan is turned on. The worst one that I did like this had 46 queens in the nest that I could count. There may have been more.  The paper nest was actually in the ground and I had to dig it up. They had dug a hole in the ground approximately 3 foot x 3 foot by 3 foot with a round tube down to the nest of about 10 inches wide. Just think of how much dirt they had to remove to make that big of a nest in the ground.He should have found the entrances and closed off all but one and used foggers to spray in the nest and then spray the nest with a bug spray. This would kill a large number of the hornets before starting to take the nest apart. That is how I do it and it makes it a lot easier to deal with. But beware, don't try this on your own. They are very aggressive and will continue to sting you if you are not suited up. You will probably end up in the hospital or worse. If you have this type of problem call an experienced bee keeper to be on the safe side. That size of hornet nest does not take very long for them to construct.
General Discussion / Re: First attempt at making pepper vinegar
« Last post by Vince6424 on December 16, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »
Thanks Double B. I slit the peppers too.
General Discussion / Re: Ungodly amount of oranges on this tree.....
« Last post by woodchip gardener on December 16, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »
that is a lot of fruit!  amazing! :o
General Discussion / Re: Our new Toy......toys
« Last post by woodchip gardener on December 16, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
that is a beautiful building ccat!  congratulations on the good deals!
« Last post by woodchip gardener on December 16, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
the scariest part of that video was the sound of the little 'plink' noises as they attack the camera.  it sounded like a hail storm!  i can't imagine being on the receiving end of that...even in a suit!
General Discussion / Re: First attempt at making pepper vinegar
« Last post by Double B on December 16, 2017, 09:30:54 PM »
I slit my peppers so that the liquid can go into the peppers and not change the headspace dramatically. If you only make a bottle or two I wouldn't water bath can them. We make 20-30and need to can them for longer storage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10