Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy Hour / Re: Pellet Grills
« Last post by nuggethound on Today at 05:10:09 PM »
A good friend of ours has an electric Camp Chef Pellet Smoker with a side grill attachment and puts out some great smoked BBQ. The only problem he has had so far was the auger quit working and whatever runs it had to be replaced. He's seems real happy with it and uses it at least 4 times a week or more.

JB
General Discussion / Re: Texas Super Sweet Vs Candy Onions
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 04:41:10 PM »
nuggetthound....wow, it is hard to say. I love them both. I think maybe for a stronger onion flavor  for cooking, maybe the Texas Sweet.
Fruit Trees / Re: Native Plum tree
« Last post by Chapman on Today at 04:39:22 PM »
  Made 4 pints, not bad  :)
General Discussion / Texas Super Sweet Vs Candy Onions
« Last post by nuggethound on Today at 04:34:09 PM »
I've grown Candy Onions for about the past 5 years and have planted seed and have ordered from Dixondale Farms. Last year I planted seeds and this year I was thinking of ordering plants. My goal is to plant around 800 plants and for the first time I was thinking of trying the Texas Super Sweets and was wondering if any of our folks on here could way in and tell me of your experience with them versus Candies. Hope everyone has a great day.

JB
« Last post by MikeM on Today at 03:14:01 PM »
I know a few people that have the Rec Tec and love them.  Just to clarify, the Traeger gives as much smoke as you want.  The Smokenator is used on a kettle grill.
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by Double B on Today at 03:07:35 PM »
Went out to work in the garden and noticed the linear pump on my aerobic system wasn't working so I took it off and then apart and called to get a rebuild kit. Nobody had one so I went about fifteen miles through the woods to a new wholesale house and bought a new one. By the time I finished the install and getting all my tools picked up it was blazing hot. I worked around a few of the blue lake green beans and decided early in the morning would be better.

I cut a sack of okra and picked all of the red cayenne peppers off of a couple of bushes to ferment them. Going to brown a pot roast and get it slow cooking in a Dutch oven and then process the okra and peppers. Things are really dry around here again and we don't get any rain in the next day or two I going to have to drag out the water hoses again.
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by whiskydog on Today at 01:33:39 PM »
Well the computer I use is to old to work the picture site, and the one Janet uses is newer but I am to old to use it..

Well today was tomato day, Janet and I picked a wheel barrow full of tomatoes, I got them back to the house and she peeled and is now cooking them down.. going to can them..

the son in law and I picked 20 pounds of okra hauled it to the market and got a quick 25 bucks.. well 25 bucks every other day till frost will add up..should cover this years garden expense and next years spring garden..  the market asked for 40 pounds of tomatoes.. I might bring them some I'm sure there is a truck load left in the field..

well I do need to get to work with the bees this afternoon.. going to move them out of 5 frame boxes to 8 frames give them some more room for the fall nectar flow..  wish I could post a picture or two maybe I can work something out later.. when the grand daughter gets home from school..

Al
« Last post by Ragun Gardener on Today at 10:33:44 AM »
I don't have one but I've been researching "pellet poopers" for Steve.

Some people say it doesn't have a strong enough smoke flavor so they also use a Smokenator type gadget to add more smoke like Mike does, besides that they love the ease of use.

I've read online many people say the Rec Tec is better than the Traegers. It's better built and they've had less problems/breakdowns and customer service was better. It will cook up to 500 vs Treager at 400, it has a better temp controller too. You can adjust the temps, turn it off and on with wi-fi and also set it to shut off after your meat reaches the temp you want. It has a built in light so you can see at night. Everything is real stainless steel and has a 6 year warranty compared to 3 for the Traeger. The CEO has his personal cell number on the card sent to you when you order one and he'll take calls even on holidays to try to fix any problem you might have.

Here's a comparison from Rec Tec. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uMZsUhfX9Y

https://www.rectecgrills.com/grills/
Happy Hour / Re: Joke for today--keep it clean.
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 07:38:58 AM »
Crazyhorse....LOL....my mother and her neighborhood friends would have a coffee party after dropping us off for the first day back to school....first time they could take a breath in 3 months!
Happy Hour / Re: Whats for supper ?
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 07:36:26 AM »
Tonight will be spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, bread. Yeah, the low carb situation has crashed, big time!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10