Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy Hour / Re: Good Father's Day
« Last post by Monroe on Today at 10:07:01 PM »
thank you ksp, we're on Lake Tawakoni--about 18 miles from where we live

Monroe
General Discussion / Re: Fall Squash and SVB
« Last post by Double B on Today at 09:32:10 PM »
I would start my seeds in pots and wait until they were outgrowing a six inch pot before I transplanted them in the garden. Right before you do that, wrap the stems in nylon stockings and you should be good.
General Discussion / Re: Corn ripeness
« Last post by Double B on Today at 09:24:37 PM »
Those are perfect!! I would be harvesting that first thing in the morning!! Great job Geaorgia Clay!

P.S. I would have had those two ears for supper tonight ;)
General Discussion / Re: Chocolate Sprinkles Tomato
« Last post by Dwight Hebert on Today at 08:59:52 PM »
My wife and I like them.  I got one at the Garden Show in Lake Charles in April.  It was the last that the Master Gardener Club had.  I wish I had gotten there sooner.
I once turned a new hose into an old hose and broke the water faucet too.  My riding mower really pulls!
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by Dwight Hebert on Today at 08:49:38 PM »
Started tomato seeds in a 12 cell flat.  4 cells each Super sweet 100's, Oregon, and Super steak. Bought a creole and Husky cherry tomato in 4" pots.  I'm going to up pot them to a gallon containers and decide whether to plant them in the ground or in a pot in about a month.

We'll see.  I've never started my fall toms from seed or this early.

I was late in getting my spring tomatoes in. So, just reaching picking stage on two of them and two others have just started setting fruit.  Starting to see stink bugs so the leaf footed bug can't be far behind.  The SVB and the leaf foot are almost enough to make me go chemical control.
Happy Hour / Re: Good Father's Day
« Last post by ksp313 on Today at 08:00:33 PM »
Looks like y'all had a grand day Monroe! What lake y'all on?
Happy Hour / Re: Cajun Cooks
« Last post by ksp313 on Today at 07:31:22 PM »
Ragun, I apologize, I meant to name you, not Rajun Cajun in my original post. I think Rajun Cajun is a brand with a line up of Cajun food products. Anyhow, you always do a great job with the pictures and recipes. Gopher, I`m sure your right about other good cooks on here and I encourage any and all to post their take on a dish.

I think Donald says in one of his videos, Ask 10 Cajuns for a recipe and you'll get 10 different recipes. Perhaps that's as it should be.

As for accents, on these boards I've only heard 2 folks speak in videos, Donald and Boudreaux  and though different, I like them both! Going through the members list the other day I found a facinating discussion between those 2 about speaking Cajun French, everyone should read it, they are both quite knowledgeable. Bourdain's Cajun Mardi Gras show Sunday night got into this. I think there's a real fear that Cajun French might disappear in a few more generations and efforts are being made so that doesn't happen.

Sadly, I've also learned there was a period of time when being identified as Cajun wasn't always a badge of honor so to speak. I know my Cajun lady friend here told me her parents spoke Cajun French in their home to each other,  but she was discouraged from doing so. She has a subtle Cajun accent that I love too!
Happy Hour / Re: Joke for today--keep it clean.
« Last post by Ben on Today at 07:19:00 PM »
2x what Maggie said
Happy Hour / Re: Joke for today--keep it clean.
« Last post by Maggie13 on Today at 06:40:12 PM »
Rabbit that was a good one!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10