Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks everyone. I had to try the soup after watching that video.

Bill, the soup isn't peppered at all just flavorful. I used Pasilla peppers to make the mole and there's no heat in it. These are the same peppers enchilada sauce is made with.

Everyone needs to make it at least once, the hardest part is making the mole and that's not really hard either. It's better if you make it the day before to let it sit then marinate the meat over night in it. After that it's as simple as boiling the meat for a few hours.

After more research it seems this is like Thanksgiving turkey. They make a big pot and eat different meals each day till it's gone. It's a soup, then tacos, burritos and enchiladas.

I made mole last night using guajillo peppers to add a little heat. I don't know when I'll use it but this time I'm adding pinto beans for a spicy Tex-Mex bean soup.
That looks great Ragun! Excellent pictorial also! Always enjoy your pics.
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by Gymgirl on Today at 01:02:04 PM »
I ordered the whole carburetor kit, a brush kit, and a 2-cycle socket kit, so I'll have them on hand the next time!

In the meanwhile, I'll go ahead and disassemble the carburetor and clean it with the Gumout Carburetor cleaner.  Let it dry out and practice reassembling it with the video. Who knows?  It might actually start and work properly, and I'll have a WHOLE replacement kit on hand.

And, I can scout around for a used Echo trimmer at a good price.  Can't have too many string trimmers on my property!

Happy Hour / Re: Blocking bad calls on Cell Phone for Free
« Last post by bigboberta on Today at 11:16:43 AM »
I will look into this, my wife gets these spam calls daily numerous times.  I don't get them but maybe 1 a week.  One thing I do that the wife doesn't do is if the number isn't on my contact list, I don't answer it.  If it is a legit number they will leave a message.

Bob
« Last post by Ragun Gardener on Today at 07:42:17 AM »
GG, while you have it apart you should change the fuel lines too. It's only a few bucks and any local shop some have some on hand. They sell it by the foot and you won't need more than 2'.

Good Luck with it!!
The Greenhouse / Re: 30x72 new tunnel
« Last post by Ragun Gardener on Today at 07:37:19 AM »
Congrats!!!

You're gonna have a blast with it.
« Last post by Gymgirl on Today at 07:30:31 AM »
Thank you, guys!

I'll let you know how I make out!
The Greenhouse / Re: 30x72 new tunnel
« Last post by Maggie13 on Today at 06:46:44 AM »
Welcome to the world of growing in a High Tunnel.

I went to their site and it looks like a well made tunnel!
« Last post by DB on Today at 04:42:53 AM »
Gymgirl, when you purchase the carburetor kit, I would recommend a spark plug also. I have found through the years, that the spark plug is the most common failure on a 2 stroke engine.
« Last post by Rabbitproof on Today at 04:23:46 AM »
Gymgirl....Good luck with it. Those videos are so good.....have fixed a few things with them but nothing too complicated.....but I am not a good fix it person, so the fact that I accomplished some fixes proves how worthwhile the video's are!! ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10