Author Topic: Bucket list train ride  (Read 477 times)

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket list train ride
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 08:50:27 PM »
I am in Portland Maine waiting for my flight in the early AM, an Maine is a beautiful but expensive state.  Did Bar Harbor which has Arcadia N P right next door, a what a treasure it is.  Met up with a shipmate that I hadn't seen since 1974 while here too.  So a couple more bucket list items checked off an a very nice vacation for my oldest stepdaughter an her husband. 
I fly back to indianapolis tomorrow where I have another stent change on wed. an I leave on Aug 25 for my train trip with my oldest grandson.  After that I will plan a cruise with my daughter (my biological child)  an her husband an after that maybe another short train trip with my apprentice from my working days.  All of this depends on my ability to get around but the good Lord has blessed me so far.  Knowing that your life is near its end is liberating, as far as retirement savings are concerned, so it is easy to say OH YA lets do this! 
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 06:22:09 AM »
Gopherbroke....thanks for the update!! Wow..you are really going and doing! That is WONDERFUL , and I pray the Lord keeps strengthening you day by day. Know you will be having some mighty full days but keep us posted if you can.

Offline bordercollie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »
God bless you GopherBroke.   
Central Mississippi

Online GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:56:30 AM »
Thank you both an all that pray for me !   I have truly been blessed.   
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer