Author Topic: peach tree  (Read 5548 times)

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
Re: peach tree
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »
well, i had 4 peaches on the tree this year.  i have pulled the only one that has not split/been attacked by bugs/pecked by the birds.  it is blushed up but not quite ripe so it is sitting on the table waiting it soften up.   

it is funny because i remember looking at the tree after the hard frost killed the flowers and telling it all i wanted was 1 good peach, was that too much to ask?   well, it obliged.  i got 1 good peach.  lol.

Inch by inch, row by row
Someone bless these seeds I sow
Someone warm them from below
Till the rain comes tumblin' down
-The Garden Song

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
Re: peach tree
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
well, we ate the peach and it was delicious! 

i have in the past done the refrigerate the seed for chill time, then plant the seed, etc.  nothing ever came of it.

i have decided to completely disregard what i read on the web and do what i want  (lol...nothing new there...)

i put on my gloves (according to the web the actual pit is chock full of cyanide...so better safe than sorry), cracked that bad boy open with a slot head screwdriver and put just the seed part into a small plastic pot of dirt in the big window.  if it grows, so be it...if not, nothing lost.  if by some miracle it comes up, i am planning on growing in the window over the winter and transplant outside next spring.

if and when this little bad boy pops up, i will be sure to update.  :)

Inch by inch, row by row
Someone bless these seeds I sow
Someone warm them from below
Till the rain comes tumblin' down
-The Garden Song