Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Soil test kit??
« Last post by Double B on Today at 07:53:50 AM »
I was at the GTG Boo but Donald has recommended the Soil Savvy Test kit in the past. I have used them and they are very good.
Flowers / Re: What is Blooming?
« Last post by Maggie13 on Today at 05:06:28 AM »
Gorgeous!
Flowers / Re: What is Blooming?
« Last post by OrangeTxn on Today at 04:09:59 AM »
Magenta - now there’s a color I never thought I’d hear myself say. I had to dig through a box of Crayons to try to determine the best color match to describe the bloom. Magenta is the closest I could find. There’s also a subtle hint of saffron in the centers. Where in the heck do they come up with these colors? It’s as bad as going to the paint store and seeing something called Barney the Dinosaur purple 🙄 But I digress. This is my newest plumeria bloom.
General Discussion / Soil test kit??
« Last post by Boudreaux in Eunice La. on May 24, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »
What is the name of the Soil kits that were given away at the  GTG ??

General Discussion / Re: Green Bean Report
« Last post by farmboy on May 24, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »
Thanks for all the good comments. Most of those pavers and stone work is stuff my son removed from customers sites and dropped off in my driveway for me to do with as I see fit. The results are about a 6 year process. I simply added to it depending on what was on his trailer. Most of those containers against the fence are my citrus and blueberries. I lost most of the citrus this year due to the extreme cold.
Yes they were built from fence boards that I simply ripped to various widths for "ambiance". The frames are 2x2s that were ripped from 2x4s. They are all about 7-8 years old and beginning to show their age (much like me). I will try to get a close up picture of the construction so you can see how I did it. Very simple and inexpensive.
I have drip irrigation on the entire garden with individual emitters on each individual container.
General Discussion / Re: Tomato splitting
« Last post by Ragun Gardener on May 24, 2018, 09:10:07 PM »
I posted this is another thread but it applies here too.

It's been so dry here in Lafayette that some of my tomatoes split from the little rain we had yesterday so I went and pulled everyone that has a tint of blush just to be safe. I've been watering too with drip tape but if we get a good rain and you haven't been watering regular the tomatoes that are blushing will split.

It's these things that ruin a good season, I hope we get enough rain to water everything in good but not a flood.
General Discussion / Re: Southeast LA Weather this weekend
« Last post by Ragun Gardener on May 24, 2018, 08:57:09 PM »
It's been so dry here in Lafayette that some of my tomatoes split from the little rain we had yesterday so I went and pulled everyone that has a tint of blush just to be safe. I've been watering too with drip tape but if we get a good rain and you haven't been watering regular the tomatoes that are blushing will split.

Don't worry about the wind, this is a rain storm and it lets the weather channel name another storm cause that's what they do. Before you know it we'll have names of rain storms starting with a Z.

The sky is not falling, just go on as normal until Jim Cantore comes to town!!! ;D ;D With this hot weather so early I'm sure the Gulf is warming up and he might be here more than once this year but it's part of living in God's Country!
General Discussion / Re: Southeast LA Weather this weekend
« Last post by Chapman on May 24, 2018, 08:39:39 PM »
  Welcome, If your plants are not real small I would think they should be ok outside.  I would be sure your tomatoes are supported good ahead of time. 
Happy Hour / Re: Various photos from Australia
« Last post by DB on May 24, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
Very interesting pics Vince. There is definitely some different terrain in that area.
General Discussion / Re: What did you do in the garden today ?
« Last post by USMC130FE on May 24, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
Put the second row of boards on my 6 raised beds
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10