Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy Hour / Re: Arlington National Cemetery
« Last post by DB on Today at 06:57:19 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures and thoughts, Double B.
« Last post by Monroe on October 19, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »
I wish every American could visit this great place. After all it does belong to all of us. Thank you for being there and sharing what you see and feel with us. When we were there scaffolding was around the Lincoln Memorial for cleaning and repairs.
General Discussion / Re: Head count for the Cajun Gardener GTG 2018........
« Last post by PawPaw gene on October 19, 2018, 08:18:06 PM »
Linda fell and broke her right arm, she struggling. We hope she is well enough to visit with ya'll next week end.
"gene"
« Last post by PawPaw gene on October 19, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
PK that is so unselfish of you, God Bless. You're a good daughter. May blessings be with you as you take on this new responsibility which will be life changing.
"gene"
« Last post by Double B on October 19, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »
Today we saw many more places like the Vietnam Memorial which was beyond touching. We found the name of an old friend who gave the ultimate sacrifice on the wall E 18. We stopped by to visit "Honest Abe", the Washington Monument and reflection pool along with the White House. It was a great day but this place is a mad house with folks. Millions and millions of folks come here to view these National treasures including tons of folks from different countries. We heard many different languages spoken.
« Last post by Double B on October 19, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »
Mr. Monroe,

We did not see Robert Kennedy's grave but saw many others.
« Last post by pknowles on October 19, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »
Boo,

I know I haven't been on here in a while and it looks like I'm going to miss out on the get together again this year. I am extremely busy. I've been in the process of moving my elderly parents into a home with me so that I can personally take care of them. I'm not even planning a fall garden. I sure hate it too.

I will pop on here from time to time and see what everyone is up to. God Bless!

PK
Flowers / Re: What is Blooming?
« Last post by catgrass on October 19, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
What you're calling Chinese lantern is a Golden Rain Tree-but there's all kinds of common names. 
« Last post by GopherBroke on October 19, 2018, 01:53:03 PM »
That is one of my bucket list items, as I visit national cemeteries when I can, but life has never gotten me close enough to visit Arlington.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10