Author Topic: Tires  (Read 1082 times)

Offline nicdes

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Tires
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Massey Ferguson 1736e with FEL. I will be purchasing this tractor with a new tiller. Canít make up my mind on the R1(ag) tires or the R4(industrial) tires. This tractor will be used mostly for the garden and cleaning up around the house. It will not be used to mow lawn. Opinions?

Offline TheCutNShootTiredGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Let's make some SMOKE
    • View Profile
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
Ag tires have rolled on my place for yearrrrrrrrs. Been great for all apllications and has not destroyed my grounds.

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »
Ag tires for me too. More grip especially with the FEL. Also, welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to hearing more about your gardening especially with the new tiller!
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:12:29 PM »
I didn't know that M F was still in business!   My brother bought an orange tractor with a FEL, but was to cheap an unaware that he should have gotten the tires loaded.   I would highly recommend loading the tires for counterbalance for the FEL.   I built a weight for the 3 point hitch, but it is not enough, an the weight should be as low to the ground as possible to lower your center of gravity. 

Welcome friend.   
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline corl

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Nunamaker Farms LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »
Ag tires for me too on my MX5100. I do pull a 84 inch finish mower with it and doesn't destroy the yard or pasture. Great when tilling the garden and best for snow as well. Use chains on rear wheels when its bad.
Dave   SE Pa Zone 6b
www.nunamakerfarms.com
Kubota MX5100
Kubota F2100
Phoenix 74 inch rototiller
Phoenix 84 inch finish mower
GB70 garden bedder

Offline adrianrog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:38:10 PM »
My father-in-law bought a new tractor and FEL.  He started off with industrial tires and within a month swapped them out for ag tires.  Much better traction.

Offline Daniel Grant

• Sprout
  • Richmond Hill, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »
Ag tires and filled rear tires for counterbalance for the FEL
Kubota 7100, L210, Allis G, John Deere 1050, TroyBilt, Horse, Gravely, Dr. Bush mower, Tuff Bilt tractor, David Bradley tractors for cultivation