Author Topic: Chemical sprayer  (Read 642 times)

Offline CORVETTE62US

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Chemical sprayer
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
Looking for a sprayer for 10 acres and the garden. Have a 30hp. 4x4 tractor. What do you recommend. Don't want to break the bank. 

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical sprayer
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
Any ATV type sprayer will work for you. Fimco would be a better brand as far as tank quality. All brands generally use the same pumps, so no brand is really any better in regards to pumps. If you have a 3point trailer mover, you can get a 2" receiver rear basket to put the sprayer in. That's what I used and it worked great. Also would use the basket to carry things, so the basket got used more than I thought it would.

Make sure you rinse the tank after each use and also pump clean water through the pump to clean it. Extends the life of the pump, but also saves you if you will spray different chemicals with one tank.
New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a

Offline MikeM

• Sprout
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
I have a 40 gallon 3 point hitch sprayer that I got from Tractor Supply.  I have a small Kubota tractor and have used this sprayer for fertilizer on my pastures but mostly use it for the gravel drives and fence lines.  It's affordable and does a good job if you keep it cleaned up.
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline Daniel Grant

• Sprout
  • Richmond Hill, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 11:26:33 AM »
Be careful with the poly tanks. Many have imbedded places to screw connectors in. I picked up a used 25 gallon tank cheap and discovered he had screwed two of the bottom cradle screws in to tight and caused a small crack, less than 1/2 inch, in the bottom of the tank. I covered the 4 places where the cradle screws in with flex seal and problem was solved. I also wonder if these poly tanks do not become a bit brittle after a few years. By the way the electric pumps are easily replaceable and by doing so you can increase your pressure a bit.
Kubota 7100, L210, Allis G, John Deere 1050, TroyBilt, Horse, Gravely, Dr. Bush mower, Tuff Bilt tractor, David Bradley tractors for cultivation