Author Topic: Everyone here is panicing - polar cyclone is about to hit in the next hour  (Read 246 times)

Offline Greg

• Grasshopper
  • Zone 5b - Pierce Colorado
    • View Profile
Heavy snow and hurricane force winds (100+)... could see snow drifts over 15ft.

I'm glad I have a really good food storage... this is why I garden like I do.

...and my garlic just broke ground. :(

-Greg
LS XJ2025 25hp Tractor - FEL, middle buster, row hippers and a rototiller - 1.1 acres, Pierce, Colorado

Click for weather forecast

Offline BigOlButtaBean

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Stay safe and warm, Greg. Thats some insane weather!

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Wow,Greg.....Lyons,Co says 35 today with winds gusting to 50mph. ...snow 6-8 inches. Haven't talked to my niece who lives there in awhile so may give her a call. I remember a few yrs ago my brother was visiting there and winds were 80mph. Not weather for sissies for sure. Cover that garlic up with lots of straw and hope for the best!!

Offline Chapman

• Grasshopper
  • Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Wow, that sounds rough.  Hope you made it through safely.
Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a- I have fig trees for sale,growing over 20 varieties, contact me for info.

Offline ccat

• Grasshopper
  • It takes a big chicken to weigh 20 pounds
    • View Profile
Greg, stay safe out there, and if makes you feel a little warmer......it's 72 right now here in NW Alabama.
But we have some storms tomorrow and winds, but just not as much as you are experiencing.
Limestone County, Northern Alabama
NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL BE
Kubota L2501 w/FEL, 1 row Cultivator, disc hillers, middle buster, Land Pride 4' PTO tiller, many hand tools...staring 2 Hooke n Crookes.

Offline T-Boy

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Prayers sent to all in the storm's path.
The heart of Cajun Country: Lafayette, LA Zone 9a
Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Prayers for you and your family Greg. Also for all those in the path of this cyclone. Horrible weather for sure. Stay safe!
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
Mr Greg, I pray you and everyone in the storm's path stay safe and warm with lots of food and water.

Offline Greg

• Grasshopper
  • Zone 5b - Pierce Colorado
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts and kind words.

It was white out conditions almost all day and the wind howled and is still howling.
Everything is covered in ice. :)

The good news is that the high winds shoveled my driveway for me. :)

Here's what hit us.
https://weather.com/news/news/2019-03-12-winter-storm-ulmer-impacts-west-northwest-rockies-plains-dakotas?cm_ven=wu_videos?cm_ven=hp-slot-1

-Greg

LS XJ2025 25hp Tractor - FEL, middle buster, row hippers and a rototiller - 1.1 acres, Pierce, Colorado

Click for weather forecast