Author Topic: Soaker hoses  (Read 254 times)

Offline Boudin

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Soaker hoses
« on: April 04, 2019, 08:56:43 AM »
I've been contemplating some kind of irrigation system for the garden that I can put on a timer since I've got two trips planned this summer.
Was going to buy a drip tape setup, but then I stumbled across 50 foot flat soaker hoses at Harbor Freight for $9 a piece.  I was able to buy enough to do my whole garden for $70 shipped.  Thought I'd post this in case any of you folks are looking, that's substantially cheaper than I could find them anywhere else.  Hopefully they are worth a darn.
Watson La. 8B

Offline mrfishnhunt

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: Soaker hoses
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
How is the flat soaker hose working out? I am thinking of doing the same.

Offline Boudin

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:31:35 AM »
So far, so good.  I have hardly had to water because it's been so wet here, but they lay out nicely and have been no problem so far.
Watson La. 8B

Offline Boudin

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
After using these a while, I can say that I really like them.  The only thing I would do different is instead of feeding them all from one end, I would use a T and put the water supply in the middle.  You definitely get more output on the supply end.  All in all I'd say this is a good way to set up irrigation if your garden isn't too huge. 
I've got 70 bucks in hoses and 40 bucks in a timer from Home Depot and I have reliable (so far) automatic watering.  Hopefully they hold up for a while.
Watson La. 8B