Author Topic: Sow Perfect Seeder  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Daniel Grant

• Sprout
  • Richmond Hill, GA
    • View Profile
Sow Perfect Seeder
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:45 AM »
I saw this today and decided to purchase one for planting seeds in the cell planters. It seems to be simple and an easy planter for the gardener who wants to raise his own transplants. This is a video:
https://youtu.be/nJ2lSi01cuE
Kubota 7100, L210, Allis G, John Deere 1050, TroyBilt, Horse, Gravely, Dr. Bush mower, Tuff Bilt tractor, David Bradley tractors for cultivation

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Sow Perfect Seeder
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
That looks really neat. I hope it works out well for you and please let us know if it does once you put it to use. Tiny seeds are always difficult to handle.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline mbcabinetmaker

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:32:50 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I have one on the way as well. :)
Mark

Zone 7B  In the Blue Ridge of Greenville County South Carolina

Raiser of New Zealand White Rabbits and Texas A&M Quail.  For my freezer only!

John Deere 670 with Land Pride 50ď Tiller, Rake, Scrape and Pats Eazy Hitch, Honda F500 Tiller, Honda FRC800 Tiller, Troy Bilt Pro Line Tiller, Hoss and Planet Jr Wheel Hoes and Planter, Hook and Crook Heron, Taylor's Pea Sheller.

Offline bigboberta

• Sprout
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
That's the same seeder Boudreaux showed yesterday that he received for door prize at the Bayou Gardener Get Together.

Bob
Bob Guidry, Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Offline USMC130FE

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »
Going to pick up a few, 1 for me and a couple to share.
Need contact info.
Sylvan Beach area, Northern NY, zone 4B

Offline USMC130FE

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:21:49 AM »
Just talked to Kirk, Boo you'll be getting a couple delivered for door prizes for the GTG
in a few days.
Sylvan Beach area, Northern NY, zone 4B

Offline Boudreaux in Eunice La.

• Sprout
  • Zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:36 PM »
That's the same seeder Boudreaux showed yesterday that he received for door prize at the Bayou Gardener Get Together.

Bob

Yep the same seeder I have been talking about for 8 months....   They are a great product and easy to use......

I am thinking of being a distributor for him...........
I'm a optimist. Pessimists think all girls are bad. The optimist hope he's right ~!~!

Click for weather forecast

Offline jimmiec

• Sprout
  • LA (Zone 9a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:20:07 AM »
Hoping it does lettuce pretty good.  I always over plant it.
OH grown
Transplanted to Lafayette, LA (Zone 9a)
Newbie (6th season) home gardener growing in raised beds annuals (generally 4'x20'), perennials, and fruit using non-mechanical, organic, and bio-intensive methods.

Offline LakeRat1

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
I got my planter on the way Tue. I need to replant my Carrots, planning on using it to do so,

Rat
zone 8
Concordia Parish La.
18 Pecan Trees 11 Raised Beds
Live on the Banks of Lake St. John
about 1/2 Mile from the Miss River
Has to Be Next Door To Heaven
Toro ZTR Mower >< Lots of Grass

Offline Boudreaux in Eunice La.

• Sprout
  • Zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »
Just talked to Kirk, Boo you'll be getting a couple delivered for door prizes for the GTG
in a few days.

You gave Kirk Rob's address by mistake...  No biggie Mon Ami ~!~!
I'm a optimist. Pessimists think all girls are bad. The optimist hope he's right ~!~!

Click for weather forecast

Offline Parrothead127

• Grasshopper
  • Heroes don't wear helmets, they wear dog tags.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Just ordered one, looks like itíll do nice for carrots, lettuce and radish.
East of Atlanta
Tin Roof Farm
Zone 7A
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Online bobcatgardener

• Sprout
  • Always starting more than I should! But keeps me m
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »
I used the one that I won at the GTG.

Works well but I am able to plant faster with  a carpenter's pencil and a small hand seeder. 

Gonna try it again at some point but I like the process I use

Offline billygoat

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 07:42:36 PM »
I love the one I have.  It works well for round seeds that are about the same size.  If the seed size varies, it may put two seeds in the hole with others having only one.  It does not work well (unless there's something I don't know) with seeds that are not round.  Carrots and lettuce are examples.  But what I do in that case is have a wet napkin next to the seeder and with a moistened finger put one seed in each hole.  It works great except for days like Friday when the wind blows the seed out of the hole.  I really hate thinning out plants that have sprouted too close to each other and the seeder makes the spacing (almost) perfect as the name calls it.  I only used it for raised beds.  If you have long rows, you might need something else to sow your seeds.  Bill

Offline Bcorley

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 12:44:42 AM »
Those really look neat, especially for anyone using flats to start lots of seedlings.  Betcha it will come in handy.  I ordered an item the other day called the Super Seeder.  Its a little german item (totally plastic) with a metal handle.  It has two plastic drive wheels and plastic seed plates.  The whole shebang weighs less than 5 lbs.  I'm gonna use it for onion seed and carrot seed.  I usually only plant a row each in the garden.  The thing is supposed to meter seed (4 spacings) and leaves the furrow open so you can see that seed actually fell and are spaced correctly.  I figured what the devil, it's only 35 bucks or so and that won't break me.  Most everything else I plant involves some volume and I can use the Covington with the drill. 

Offline Daniel Grant

• Sprout
  • Richmond Hill, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
Please let us know how you like your German seeder...what you like and what does not work so good. Also post a contact site.
Kubota 7100, L210, Allis G, John Deere 1050, TroyBilt, Horse, Gravely, Dr. Bush mower, Tuff Bilt tractor, David Bradley tractors for cultivation

Offline Bcorley

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 01:32:32 AM »
Well the thing arrived today thanks to UPS.  I assembled it and except for the handle, I like it.  The two piece handle is cheesy.  This thing will only work in super clean super tilled soil.  I mean like talcum powder.  No pebbles, chunks or hiccups.  PERFECTLY tilled soft soil (level too).  This would be THE TICKET for folks using elevated beds or willing to make two or four passes with the pto powered tiller per row.  Drops seeds perfectly and pretty evenly spaced.  It IS DELICATE though.  This ain't heavy duty machinery.  It seems to be accurate though (spaces seed well) and I like the general setup and plate changing seems OK (bear in mind it is delicate).  For 40 odd bucks it is adequate enough.  It is called the SUPER SEEDER and it's on EBAY and at Amazon for $39.95.  I could not find a video that I like or I'd have posted it there.  There is a Spanish guy on youtube that does a pretty good job but he's WAY TOO BUSY with the camera.  The video was bouncing around so much I got seasick.  The link I found is:  suttons.co.uk  (I could not get the link to post for some reason).