Author Topic: Zippo/Case Knives  (Read 905 times)

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Zippo/Case Knives
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
I wasn't aware of it until this  summer when I went to the Zippo website, but they acquired Case knives in 1993. I think they're in different buildings on a common piece of ground and they do share a store/museum together. Two good Made in America companies.

woodchip gardener

Re: Zippo/Case Knives
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »
wow, that is interesting.  i would have never put these 2 brands together.  i did look it up on the web and found the museum.  it is wwwaaayyy up there at the top of PA. 

i have a couple of old zippo lighters that were my grandfather's.  one is a plain goldish color and seems a bit more rounder/streamlined than the other flat zippos i have seen.  the other one has a ford emblem on it and was engraved as a gift when he retired in the late 50's.

case makes some nice knives.  my hub was at a comic book show once and the other side of the center was hosting a gun/knife show.  we went in to look around for a gift for his dad (he lost his pocket knife and wanted a good one to keep with him for daily use). there was a big display of case knives there.  they must be a big thing to get that sort of space.

Offline Maggie13

• Dirt Dabber
  • built-incabinets.com
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:28:05 AM »
 I still have my "Slim" Zippo lighter that I given to me by a dear friend back in the late 60's.
I also have a Case fillet knife that I keep in my tackle box.
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/knox/12107

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:46:25 AM »
I have carried a Case medium stockman's pocket knife for as long as I can remember. When I wore a suit and tie everyday for work, it didn't ruin the pocket in the slacks. My friends all laugh when they ask if I have a knife. I always say, "If I have my pants on, I have my knife".

My paw paw gave me a Case pocket knife when I turned five years old and I have carried one since then. Nowadays, our grandkids will get thrown out of schools if they carry one. My how times have changed ::) ::) ::)
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 07:51:38 AM »
I'm with you DoubleB, if I'm dressed, I'm carrying a pocket knife. Both Zippo and Case have very dedicated collectors.

Offline ksp313

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 08:02:48 AM »
I have a Zippo I bought this summer at an antique store, it's  a D-Day 50 year anniversary commemorative lighter done in a special black dull finish that soldiers in WW2 carried into battle. They were also supplied with cigarettes. My how times have changed. Zippos come with a lifetime guarantee, if anything goes wrong with one they fix it for free, in fact if you visit the museum, you can watch workers making repairs.