Author Topic: New (to me) Farm Truck  (Read 2037 times)

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • out in the garden
    • View Profile
Re: New (to me) Farm Truck
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 04:49:37 AM »
hey crazyhorse...the family and i play a road trip game when we are out and about.  if we see one of those taxi yellow mustangs we yell

banana-stang!

if it is orange, we yelll

o-rang-astang

lol. 

don't worry, you're safe.  red is a 'cool' mustang color. 
post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 02:59:42 AM »
Mrs Chip, my red 93 Mustang GT has a name, it is........."Crazyhorse".

My red 72 Ford Ranger XLT is ....."Ol' Red".

My 07 black Mustang GT is ....."Mo-Sheena".

Fords just run better if you name them. ;D

Online Joe In Dirt

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
nice looking truck, those were good ones back then, great find, this is one that I have helped my Neighbor clean up he is going to sell it his health is failing, it's a 37 ford he took it down to the frame complete rebuild, love the sound of the flat head V8, would like to have it for a farm truck, right ?

[IMG]h[URL=http://s63.photobucket.com/user/jguidry/media/1937%20Ford%201_zpssnkdl3tx.jpg.html][IMG]
Joe-In-Dirt

Online BigOlButtaBean

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
Thats a nice ol truck. It'd be fun to the Misses out in for ice cream on Saturday night for sure!

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • out in the garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
joe, what a beautiful truck!
post something!  c'mon...you know ya wanna...  :)

Online Joe In Dirt

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
Yes it is nice looking and runs great if I was to buy it would not be able to afford Ice cream, he wants 20,000 dollars but would take less I bet, to nice for me.
Joe-In-Dirt

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • From age 13 She has been by my side. Thank you God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 07:41:48 AM »
one time I bought a 41 Ford PU, a true junker, thinking I would restore & sell. By the time I finally got it home my mind had changed. It started right up, Jewel took off ahead of me & was out of sight when I laid down a smoke screen and coasted off the road. Finally she came back looking for me & we dragged it home. I pulled the head off the right bank & found the top of a piston had slapped off. Junk yards was my source for parts back then so I patched the motor up, got it running pretty good. The distributor on a 41 ford pu is low right down in the front of the engine. Driving down in the pasture after a heavy dew is like high water. I gave $120 for that truck & finally got rid of it for $40 . Jewel reminded me of that truck every time the word restore something was brought up.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Online DB

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
 ;D Monroe, your experience with restoration is very similar to mine. I can relate.  ;D
Latimer, Mississippi
Zone 8b

Online Monroe

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
DB that was only the beginning, we lived in Greenville-- after I got it going again I wanted to show it to my Dad so Jewel, Jimmy and I took off one Sunday afternoon heading to Terrell. Jewel smelled the smoke before I did, but this time it wasn't engine the wiring under the dash started shorting out & absolutely every wire under there burnt up. At first we thought it would burn to the ground. After the smoke cleared I took my knife & cut all the burned wires out finally jumped started it at the starter relay & got it back home. I found a good complete wiring harness at the wrecking yard, took me a couple of weeks to rewire that truck. Once while running down the road one of the rear wheels along with the axel came off & nearly caused us to land in the ditch. I still cannot fully explain buying that thing, it looked fair enough that I thought I might make a few dollars reselling it. At that time Jewel was driving the 50 ford and I still had my Studebaker PU

Online Joe In Dirt

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:34:52 PM »
Monroe, me to been there done that, had old tractors, 1964 Pan Head Harley, always had to tinker on them, the only money I ever made on them fix up restore jobs was the Harley, bought it for 1,500.00 dollars cleaned the carburetor and it ran great, had the retard timing on the left handle, it sounded great a fellow stopped by house said he heard I had on and wanted to buy it, kick started the first time, he said I will give you 6,500 dollars for it, I just walked to his trailer and put the tail gate down, that was luck no more chances like that, would like to have that 37 ford but not in the mood to crawl under there and then have to keep the generator and voltage regulator working, that was a chore in it self years ago, I did look at a 49 the other day that was set on a late model frame, AC, power steering, that might be a better choice, there is no more tinkers like us left.
Joe-In-Dirt

Offline crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:09 AM »
I been there too.

Still do some , but not like I use to .

I like Fords, John Deere, Wheel Horse & chainsaws & a few other odds & ends.

Online Monroe

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
Joe, when Jimmy thought he had out grown his Cushman scooter he wanted a real motorcycle. I ran across a  1966 Harley 250 Sprint that had a cracked gear case. When I offered the fellow $225 for it he nearly kissed my hand. I cleaned that gear case up real good and patched it with devcon. Jimmy rode that little Harley around here for several years with out a problem.