Author Topic: Garden Auger  (Read 697 times)

Offline Grumman

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Garden Auger
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:15:28 PM »
Anyone have one they like for their drill? Durability looks questionable online reviews but Inthink i would use it a lot so interested in some advice.

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • From age 13 She has been by my side. Thank you God
    • View Profile
Re: Garden Auger
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »
you made me curious enough to google this up. looks like a time saving idea, I like it.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

woodchip gardener

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
i learn something every time i read these boards!  i  have one of these and didn't even know it! it is hanging out in the well house.  i thought it was for mixing paint! 

i am not sure it would work in my yard since we have all clay here.  i imagine these are used for prefab beds for bulbs and such.

i do have one of the old corkscrew ones i picked up at an estate sale that is heavy metal and has the t handle on top.  it is strong enough to cut through the clay, but honestly, it is a pain in the butt to use.  if i just stand there to turn it i can't keep the stupid thing going in straight and if i just push down and walk in a circle i end up dizzy.  lol.

what were you gonna do with yours?

Offline Grumman

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »
Last year I did almost all transplants in the garden. I typically work with my daughter who I think would greatly enjoy the auger and my ground is soft enough to use it for the transplants.
I do think bulbs would be the best use of it.