Author Topic: Jimenez Arms  (Read 737 times)

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Jimenez Arms
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »
Anybody own or have owned a Jimenez Arms pistol, 380ACP or 9mm? They are an alloy frame pistol made in Nevada and history is the old Jennings line of pistols. Can buy a 380ACP for $125 which has me thinking of one to keep in my truck. One of those if it does get stolen, not alot of money lost with it.

It is either that or buy one of the older surplus military pistols which are in the $230 range.
New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a

Online tangentalstorm

• Grasshopper
  • Hillbilly Gardener, amongst many other things.
    • View Profile
Re: Jimenez Arms
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
I haven't ever owned but knew of a couple of folks who do own the 9's....Basically what they told me is that reliability wise you have to wring them out pretty good to get them functioning properly and accuracy...well.... anything beyond really short range they are pretty much worthless...I suppose they are ok in the 21 foot standard engagement range but get out beyond that and it's right iffy. Also they say they like kinda hot ammo to ensure cycling....not +p's or anything but hotter normal rounds. For a throwaway gun I suppose they are ok.

As far as milsurps go in roughly that size look at Makarovs in 9x18...extremely reliable, built like tanks and just a touch more punch than a 380. Of course you can always go the wheel gun route for a basic backup piece... Armscor makes a decent copy of a old Colt .38 in either the 2 inch or 4 inch barrel and they are very good pistols for the money...right around 2-250.00. You can also get a Taurus (although wring it out when you get it) which are S&W copies for decent prices.

Here's a good place to look for the Armscor's and Tauruses

www.centerfiresystems.com

Hope this helps.
Crack O' Noon Farms.
In the Mountains of Old Virginia.
Proud Appalachian-American.

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »
Thanks. Guess I'll stick with the milsurplus. Those are more proven than the JA's. Classic Firearms is who I have dealt with in the past and all of them are in the $200 - $250 range. The Beretta for $299 is nice, but I would be depressed if that one would get stolen.

Kind of thinking about this one: https://www.classicfirearms.com/star-model-bm-9mm-8rd-original-box-manual

New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a

Online tangentalstorm

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
Yeah as of yesterday centerfire had those Star's too.... Hey Star made pistols for a long long time and me being a 1911 Lover I can appreciate them quite a bit, and at that price I don't think you can lose, especially if you are already comfortable with the 1911 platform.

I carried a 1911 for 20+ years and still love them....to me there's still nothing that quite fits the hand like a Divine Design of John Moses Browning.
Crack O' Noon Farms.

Offline MudHog

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »
1911 style is what I like about it and I already have 2 1911s that I built. One Gov't and one Commander, both in 45ACP. Was thinking of starting another build in 10mm, but I'll put that one on hold.
New Iberia, LA - Zone 9a

Online tangentalstorm

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:27:48 PM »
MH... I have built a few myself...mostly for friends but the couple I have built for me have been for competition when I used to shoot IPSC.  Funny you should mention 10mm. Every time I do an overseas tour I always get myself a "present" when I get home...sort of my reward for just "surviving it" with life and limb and sanity (relatively speaking) being intact and when I get home this year I am thinking of getting myself a Colt Delta Elite, why? Cause I am Colt guy and I can....lol

After my first couple of tours in Iraq I got myself a Wilson Combat...waste of money though, I hardly shoot it cause I am afraid of devaluing it...lol...Silly right?
Crack O' Noon Farms.