Author Topic: Heavy duty watering wand  (Read 672 times)

Offline loupgarou

• Grasshopper
  • Baton Rouge, LA
    • View Profile
Heavy duty watering wand
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:02:54 PM »
Iím tired of buying a new watering wand every few months. Either the fittings break or start leaking soaking my shoes. I have a graveyard of wands. Anyone have a recommendation for a wand with preferably all brass fittings?  The box stores and local nurseries sell the same junk.

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy duty watering wand
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
loupgarou,

I went to Google and searched for commercial grade watering wands and found several wands. Brass fittings or aluminum. Haws makes one but I am not sure what your intended use will be. If you are watering plants on shelves you may need only need a 24" wand. If you are watering rows, you may want a 36" wand. They are out there and most I saw looked to be around $75. Best of luck to you.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

woodchip gardener

Offline loupgarou

• Grasshopper
  • Baton Rouge, LA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:58:28 AM »
Thanks for the leads.

woodchip gardener

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »
what did you end up with lou?  did you find one you liked?  if not, keep an eye out.  lots of the stores are starting their spring sales now.

Offline loupgarou

• Grasshopper
  • Baton Rouge, LA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 10:19:10 PM »
I found this one at Tractor Supply for $19. Not the most ergonomic, but the only plastic is the handle.

Offline USMC130FE

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 03:36:11 AM »
Build one, use a 3' piece of pipe, ball valve, shower head and a couple of fittings. Might not be the "cheapest" but will be the last one you'll need.
Sylvan Beach area, Northern NY, zone 4B