Author Topic: FRANGIPANI/PLUMERIA  (Read 523 times)

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
FRANGIPANI/PLUMERIA
« on: August 11, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
I am looking to obtain some frangipani/plumeria cuttings/plants to try to start growing. If anyone has or knows where I can get some to try growing, I would appreciate any information you may have in obtaining them. Maybe someone may have some cuttings that they would be willing to share. I would appreciate any help.
Help save the bees. They help feed us. Call a beekeeper.

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: FRANGIPANI/PLUMERIA
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:04:33 AM »
Beeman, I have some.  My largest plumeria blew over and I have a couple of broken limbs.  Trying to root them now.  What's up with the Fall get-together?  It's been deleted?  Somebody fill me in!
Watch where you're going, not where you've been

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:37:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply catgrass. Wish you well with the rooting of the broken limbs. If you would decide to share one, I would be interested. Just let me know. I don't know anything on the get together, I have not been on the website for a while. My mom passed away in June and I have been busy taking care of her final business. Still dealing with the property etc. I need to get information on the get together myself.

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
So sorry, Beeman.  That sure takes a lot out of you, I know.  I usually have pretty good success rooting Pumeria-theyre really pretty tough.  IF we have a get together, I will bring one for you. 

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:35:09 AM »
Beeman, The cutting I started was doing great, until we had several days of rain, and it drowned.  I have more cuttings that have caloused over, but it's kind of late to try to root them.  I usually just wait until spring, because they go totally dormant in winter.  I can still send you a couple cuttings if you like, or if you want to wait until spring I can do that too.  I will be cutting several branches of my too largest plumerias so they will fit right in the GH.  I usually go to the Lafayette garden show in April, if you want to wait.

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
Catgrass
I apologize for not getting back to you before now. I have been extremely busy. My truck fuel pump has been out and I don't have a reliable vehicle right now.
I missed the get together due to that also. I appreciate your offer for the cuttings. I would be willing to wait till the next spring. I do not know about the Lafayette garden show in April. I would appreciate it if you could keep me up to date on the show. I would be glad to meet you there in April if possible. Looking forward to seeing you then.    BEEMAN

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
Beeman, we didn't have a get together this year-I'm just wondering about the prizes that were to be sent in by Hook N Crooke, etc.  Anyway, yeah, by April the plumerias should be rooted and growing.  I'll let you know when the garden show is

Offline thebayougardener

• "Keep it Simple" - "Less is More"
  • Administrator
  • Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • The Bayou Gardener
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
Maybe Boudreaux will have some kind of drawing on the forum for the prizes?  He said he had received 5 seeders as well.

Donald
Located on the banks of Bayou des Glaises - Louisiana  Zone 8

Retired and loving it.  Didn't know life could be so good.

http://www.thebayougardener.com

Offline BEEMAN

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:43 AM »
Thanks catgrass. Would like to attend the garden show if at all possible. Please keep me advised. Have not been on website as I have been extremely busy.