Author Topic: A photo I've never seen  (Read 66 times)

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • From age 13 She has been by my side. Thank you God
    • View Profile
A photo I've never seen
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:08:00 PM »
This is my Mother and her twin sister.  On the back it only has their names, Estell and Windell. My Mom is Estell but I don't know which she is. This appears to be early teens. They were triplets but my uncle must have been camera shy however this picture was found by our cousin in his old album. For their 80th birthday my two sisters & I gave them a birthday party at the Woman's bldg. in Terrell. There was a write up all about them in the local paper. They both bought themselves a new car after that, My Mom got a Buick Century Aunt Windell got a red Ford Mustang. Mom said Aunt Windell always kept them in trouble. They would trade seats at school, Grandad bought a new Model T he never learned to drive but these two did, Mom started it Aunt Windell was behind the wheel and immediately ditched it. They did finally learn but Grandad said they went too fast, he sold before they killed themselves. He was afraid to ride with them.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: A photo I've never seen
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
 Hi Monroe, that is really neat !! Maybe the person that wrote the names on the back of the picture wrote them in the order of  them standing ?  but again then, it could be they are always called  in that order..  They do look mischievous  don't they :)  haha
Central Mississippi

Online Monroe

• Sprout
  • From age 13 She has been by my side. Thank you God
    • View Profile
Re: A photo I've never seen
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »
Hi judy, as I look at the personalities of the way they stand I'm going to say my Mom is the one on our left. I do know that when I would go visit my look alike cousin for several days the time there was never boring. I think that Aunt Windell buying a red Mustang at 80 years old says a lot.
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together