Author Topic: Greenhouse #2 build 34 x 60  (Read 467 times)

Offline Maggie13

• Dirt Dabber
  • built-incabinets.com
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
Re: Greenhouse #2 build 34 x 60
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 05:01:12 AM »
Looks like you got a great germination on all of your seeds.

It is ALMOST that time of year for me to start lettuce,onions,beets,kale, cauliflower,broccoli and cabbage.

Yesterday I started setting up my seedling germination rack. My Pro-Mix is warming up in my office.

It is way to early for me to start tomatoes and peppers.
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/knox/12107

Online bobcatgardener

• Sprout
  • Always starting more than I should! But keeps me m
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 05:22:28 AM »
Maggie I should have started everything for this HT around end of November begennng of December. Didn't thinks I would get to get it up with the crazy weather we been having.

Gonna add dirt to level it plus about 2 inches then add 2 inches of compost and another 2 inches of composted rice chaff to the rows. Till it all into the row and close up the sides.

I dont wanna close up the sides first because I wanna use my tractor for the first tilling. Get all the rows where they need to be, add more dirt to the walkways if needed.

After things year I will use the walk behind tiller in there or a broad fork.

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 11:01:29 AM »
Bobcat....just now getting to see your progress....been tied up with Christmas, New years ,and a very sick brother. Wow...Colt is a ft taller it seems!!!!....man, he is hell on wheels with his vehicle. ;D  Watch your backs! All your progress looks great...good luck with everything!

Online bobcatgardener

• Sprout
  • Always starting more than I should! But keeps me m
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
Rabbit,
Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he is doing better.

I made alot of progress the 2 weeks of Christmas break. I was very surprised, but I am still feeling it! Been a long time since I put in that many hours of physical work. But it's all worth it.

Colt sure is turning into a little man. After having his little truck for a few months he starting to figure out its fun. He also figured out he can climb on the tractor himself! He climbs up and down on it and just sits and plays. Pure little country boy!

Still have alot to do but it's so much fun!