Author Topic: Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smoker on sale  (Read 93 times)

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smoker on sale
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
It was on sale so I had to buy it. 1/2 price at wally World so go find it if you need one. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=876324460
I bought it late that afternoon and had to do a fast and hot cook, it doesn't have a strong enough smoke flavor but it was good. Next time I'll follow directions just to see what flavor it brings. Since then I figured out that the hotter you cook on it the less smoke flavor it gives off. That makes sense considering it actually burns the pellets for heat.

If you make jerky and sausage then this works like a dream, it has a smoke setting and temps stay below 160.

This thing is bigger than it looks and will work great for smoking my sausage.

Some other cooks
Tasso

Loaded up with a rack of pork and beef ribs and squach

BBQ on the right and Chinese BBQ on the left

Chinese style

BBQ

Beef ribs

Squach

I also made a batch of jerky and this thing worked like a dream

Half deer and pork smoked sausage from this week.

I loaded it up with finger food for the Superbowl

I tried Shake-n-Bake wings on the smoker and they were good, nice and crispy just like an oven

Buffalo wings and fresh sausage

Stuffed banana peppers with sausage and bacon wrapped, the others are cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. The round ones are onion bombs

I even cooked Deviled crabs, this was a killer plate

Onion bomb sliced open

I also made some BBQ gizzards, boiled first then topped with Jack Millers sauce. These didn't last long enough to make it to the plate.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:49:14 PM by Ragun Gardener »

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smoker on sale
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »
Looks super Rob!  What type of pellets are you using?
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
I've been trying a few different types, I started with all Pit Boss pellets of hickory then mesquite. I bought a bag of Myron Mixon's custom blend with oak, hickory and peach for the sausage.

I can't really say if i notice the difference in any of them.

FYI to everyone, Walmart has since lowered the price on these to $109 down from regular price of $446.

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 02:51:46 PM »
I updated the link, it should work now just put your zip in and click check inventory.

Online MikeM

• Sprout
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »
You obviously have been enjoying that smoker.  :)

After using my pellet grill for a couple of years I still have to wonder why I waited so long.
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline TheCutNShootTiredGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Let's make some SMOKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 01:50:57 AM »
Masterbuilt 20051316 Propane Smoker, 40 Inch Thermotemp Black
by Masterbuilt
3.7 out of 5 stars
68 customer reviews | 57 answered questions
Price:
$428.00 & FREE Shipping. Details

.My Son-In-Law was wanting a Smoker/Masterbuilt because his Dad had a Propane smoker. I had told him about the Thermotemp and he really seemed interested but the price was just to high. Well, I troll the net till wee hours. One night/early morning a Amazon Seller- Product Trends Group flashed an add for the above Thermotemp Smoker with a sales price of $79.01, I jumped on it because they showed only 6 left in stock. Oh!, FREE shipping. I charged with my approved Credit card, as stored and recorded with Amazon because of previous purchases. I received a confirmed purchase # from Amazon and Product Trends Group and a shipping tracking # with estimated arrival date. I also purchased, as offered at the time, a 3 year warranty plan, which was also confirmed with a confirmed purchase #. Long story short: I never got the Smoker. I had many conversations with Amazon Customer Service Reps. and many emails to and from Amazon and Product Trends Group. I was told at first, You will get the Smoker and then all the BS started. By the way, my Credit Card was charged, the transaction withdrawal was made at my Bank and then the purchase amount credited back to my account. I finally got the warranty canceled and my money back. So!, my Son-In-Law didn't get "THAT" Christmas present. He had also purchased a cover for the expected Smoker. He did finally get his money returned for the cover. The price above for the Smoker was changed the day after my transaction was made and the price then was $479 and some change. You can see that the price is now even lower.

Size: 40 Inch Thermotemp
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:24:44 AM by TheCutNShootTiredGuy »

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:15 PM »
I cooked a few racks of ribs today for the family visiting from MS. I mixed up a batch of my rub and got to work.

Cleaned up and ready for rub, I'm cooking the rib tips too.

I had these on the smoker for 3 hours, I almost forgot to get a shot of the ribs before wrapping.

The wrapping process is a light layer of brown sugar, honey and squeeze bottle butter-Parkay.

Meat side down to soak up that sweet nectar.

All wrapped, if you look close there's 4 racks there. I had to buy another rack because "someone" gets heartburn from smoked foods so it was oven ribs.

Perfect cornbread for dressing

It's ugly but this is awesome dressing mix, ground meat, onions, bells, spices and a can of cream of mushroom soup.

This was a test and it's good but the tips are crispy from staying in long enough to get the bacon crispy.

The rib tips all sauced, I cooked these longer wrapped in that pan to render the fat then back on the smoker to set the sauce.

Ready to slice

Oven ribs

These were wrapped but not sauced. I sprinkled more rub when I put them back on the smoker. This came out better than expected and I might stop putting sauce on ribs, the flavor is better not covered up with a sauce.

Finally!! That's potato salad washed out by the flash with cornbread dressing and beans of course.

How's that for bite through ribs
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:07:13 PM by Ragun Gardener »

Online MikeM

• Sprout
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
That looks about perfect.  :)
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN