Author Topic: Ball Room Dancing  (Read 89 times)

Online Monroe

• Dirt Dabber
  • From age 13 She has been by my side. Thank you God
    • View Profile
Ball Room Dancing
« on: February 19, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »
There was a scene with the setting in a Ball Room. The men were dressed in a tux with a bow tie, the ladies wore beautiful long gowns. All this was happening in a movie Jewel & I was watching. The waltzing looked effortless with perfection when Jewel said, " How do they keep from getting their feet tangled in those gowns"? I dug out this picture & told her she just floated around the room.

Monroe
Jewel & I have had a beautiful journey together

Offline bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Room Dancing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:20 AM »
That is an answer that is a sign  of  true love Monroe.  :)
Central Mississippi

Online Monroe

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
Thank you judy, it is hard to believe this picture is right at 45 years old. Recently we had a classmate say "you two are always together".   

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »
Monroe...loved the picture. Always lots of dancing going on in the Ms Delta where we grew up.....and yes, long dresses never stopped us...nor heels!

Online Monroe

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »
Rabbit I don't know if anyone else ever danced to Gene Autry singing Back In The Saddle Again but Jewel taught me how to make a box & back then that was pretty good for this kid. They had an old crank up Victrola. Later in life we could walk into a room & she owned it. All I had to do was hang on.

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »
Monroe....yes, the Box was basic but would get you on the dance floor. My parents  taught us all how to Foxtrot,do the  polka, do the Bop, Twist,etc....you name it, and they could do it. Dancing was big in the Delta..even way back Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller,etc would come to Greenville and play at the supper clubs....ha, but before my time! In high school we would go all over the Delta to dances(rock bands by then)...every weekend. It was a MUST that teens knew how to dance....and dance well.